26 | un-fucking-real

W R A Y A

Weird!

I thought the beige man and I had an unspoken mutual agreement to stay clear of each other. What was he doing sitting down in my club?

Shamelessly staring at me dancing, even.

During the entire performance of Addicted by Chris Brown, I kept stealing glances at him, trying to see if he was watching me and indeed he was. My fear level was high up in the sky that I could have sworn that I would trip and fall during the performance. After the song finished playing, I quickly left the stage and went back to my dressing room.

"Are you okay?" Nova questioned. I took a seat on the red velvety recamier and took a deep calming breath. "Water!" I said.

Raven passed a bottle of water to me. I chugged it down and took another deep breath. Knowing the beige man was extremely close to where I was, was unsettling.

Was he here to kill another person?

What if he does something to me?

Those questions ran through my head as I tried to calm myself down.

"Are you fine?" Nova questioned again. This time, I responded with a nod. I didn't want her or anyone to know what happened between the beige man and me. I didn't want them asking questions. I also didn't want the beige man to threaten them the way he did to me.

I was keeping things from them for their own good. Nova and Raven would never find a better friend than me.

"Are you sure?" Raven asked.

"Yeah. I'm just tired. Hey, can we clean the glitters on my thighs off with some wipes? It's staining my white boots and it may be hard to remove afterwards," I changed the subject.

"Are you sure? You know being covered in glitter is like your signature look," Raven chimed in. "I know, but It's my second performance of the night. It won't make a difference if the skin glitters are gone. Plus, I won't take hours trying to get it off my body when I get home," I let out.

"Okay," Nova responded. She went into my bag and grabbed face wipes. She passed some to Raven and they began to wipe the glitters from my thighs and the edge of the white boots that got stained.

"Wraya, we have a request," Nova uttered while wiping my arms. "Okay?" I let out.

"Can we become your backup dancers? I-It's just we have been coming to the club for over two months now and we haven't been doing anything here. We came yesterday hoping Tommy would allow us to perform on stage but he didn't say anything," Nova said.

Was that her ulterior motive? Was that why she befriended me?

"We haven't been making money for a while now and we don't want to keep living off you. We want to be able to pitch in the bills at home," Raven said.

"Okay, I'll talk to Tommy. We might perform together, on my next working day," I agreed either way. Ulterior motive or not, they've been nice to me since day one.