46 | Driving lessons

The talk with Dabin's mom ended when the men showed up. We both switched back to our fake smiles and giggles while she asked for my number so she could add me to the mom's group chat and Dabin's dad invited the beige man to a night out but only asking for my permission to take my husband out. I was put in a position where I couldn't refuse so I just had to accept it for the beige man.

"I'm so sorry for saying you would go. I can call him and say you won't be able to go," I apologised as soon as we drove away from the school.

"No, it's fine. I needed to socialise with people anyways," He let out. "So do you want to start the lessons now or later?" He asked.

"Let's do it now," Dreading to go back home and having to explain everything that happened between Richard and me to the girls, I wanted to delay going home.

"Okay, I'll drive to an empty free space then I can teach you the basics there,"

After a few minutes, we were parked on the outskirts of the city and not even a single soul or car was in sight. The beige man got out of the driver's seat and walked around the car, coming to the passenger's side. He opened the door ushering me to come down.

Hesitantly, I got out of the car while he got into the passenger's seat. I stepped into the driver's seat and nervously held the steering with my two hands while letting a deep breath out.

"Wraya, Are you nervous?" He questioned. His question only made me even more nervous than I was because I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my face. With my lack of answer, he picked up the fact that I was indeed nervous and said, "It's okay to be nervous, we'll start slow," It came out inaudibly, almost sensually.

He suddenly opened the door and got out striding to my side. He opened the door and I stared at him in utter confusion until he bent down and adjusted the seat. Pushing it forward and lowering the seat to fit my height. "There you go," He said and went back to the passenger's seat.

"Do you know which pedal is the brake and which one is the accelerator?" He asked, earning a nod from me. I wasn't a noob when it comes to cars and I usually watched my dad change his car tyres before he got put behind bars.

"Great! Now the gear is on P, park, step on the brake pedal and move the gear to D, drive," He instructed. I stepped on the brake pedal, moving my right hand to the gear, I moved it lower to D.

"Now slowly, slowly release your foot on the brake pedal," He said, emphasizing 'slowly'. Lifting my feet off the pedal, the car jumped forward, startling me and the beige man. I quickly stepped on the brakes stopping the car from moving.

I averted my gaze to the beige man and burst into laughter with him later joining in. I finally got why he emphasised on slowly. "I'm so sorry," I said in between laughs.

"Do it again, Slowly," He let out. The mood in the car was now lively, I had even forgotten the dilemma I was in and was solely focused on not murdering the beige man and me while learning how to drive. But then again, I couldn't murder us because there was nothing around I could crash on.

He was smart to bring me to the outskirts of the city.

Now knowing NOT to lift my feet off the brakes so quickly, I slowly lifted my feet and the car started moving slowly. "Oh my god, it's moving!" I exclaimed with a large smile plastered on my face.

"Steer a little bit to your left," The beige man instructed, watching me intensely. I followed his instructions and slowly steered to my left. "Omg I'm doing it!" I exclaimed again, feeling extremely happy.

The car was now in the middle of the road and the beige man had instructed me to step on the accelerator pedal. Slowly Stepping on it, the car sped up and I couldn't stop exclaiming and abusing the honk. "Why are you pushing that?" He asked.

"I'm so sorry, I just want to," Still feeling on top of the world, I let out. After about five minutes of driving 20Kmph straight, the beige man finally instructed me on the right way to pull over.

"Just like how you slowly lifted your feet off the brakes, you slowly step on the brakes to pull over—if you don't slowly do it, you might hit your head on the steering wheel," He let out, earning a nod from me.

Following the instructions, I slowly stepped on the brakes and the car slowly and smoothly halted. "Wow!" I exclaimed averting my gaze to the beige man not realizing I hadn't put the gear in the park. My feet slowly moved off the pedal and the car started moving, unbeknownst to me.

"Wraya!" The beige man screamed pointing to the road. Averting my gaze back, I grew petrified. I stepped on the brakes with full strength and stopped the car, immediately putting it in park.

That little incident caused a burst of serious laughter to erupt from the beige man. "Look at you, you were so scared. You must have thought we would die-e-e..." He said between laughs. "The way you stepped on the brakes with full strength," He added while still laughing with his head moving toward the dashboard.

"That wasn't funny," I let out trying not to laugh as I shook his arm but it only caused him to laugh even more. "Stop laughing!" I exclaimed, now fully laughing.

After about two hours, we finally decided it was time to round up the lessons and head home. "Have you had breakfast yet?" He asked. I shook my head saying no.

"Should we get breakfast?"

A/N
This was how my mom taught me how to drive. The only difference was that I learned it on the highway.