03 | A Son wanted his Father dead

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" I flinched upon hearing James' voice behind my back. "What planet have I landed on?" I mumbled and sighed.

"Congratulations, you are now crowned the assassin of the decade." One of the extroverted people that held me hostage and forced me to be their friend, James, congratulated me.

"I would say thank you if you didn't bark like a rabid dog." I let out and chuckled. He knows I meant 'thank you'. That was just the way I spoke.

"Can you believe he got that title when he literally has a baby to take care of? And our asses can't even do our job right when we have no one depending on us." James muttered, grabbing a glass of wine from a waiter.

"Attention Psychopaths!" The boss cleared his throat and called for all our attention. We all averted our gazes to the mini podium where he was standing. The lights in the hall were turned off and a spotlight was on the boss.

"For the past two decades, this title had been held tightly by our great Legend, Mrs. Van-pelt, may her soul rest in peace—but now, this title has been taken by a new Legend. I present to you, Kim Taehyung, the Assassin of the Decade." The boss announced, clapping followed. The spotlight was moved from the boss to me. I awkwardly smiled and waved with one hand.

I awkwardly looked at Jungkook and James while they clapped loudly and cheerfully smiled at me. "What should I do?" I leaned a little bit toward Jungkook and whispered with an awkward smile still plastered on my face.

Before he could reply, one of the assassins in training brought me a mic. Great, now I have to make a speech. Note the sarcasm.

"Erm—I was seventeen when I joined the company eleven years ago, I never thought I would make it this far. I thought I would die or get arrested a few years after joining but surprisingly, I'm still here and alive. I am very honoured to be given this title after Mrs van-pelt. Thank you." I said and bowed slightly. Clapping followed as James roughly patted my back.

Everyone clapped but not everyone was happy for me. Some of them can only see me with jealousy in their eyes. Even though I don't care about being given a huge title, I had to admit that the title I was given was a title that hasn't been claimed for twenty years.

I was proud of myself.

The spotlight moved from me, back to the boss as he continued to announce the rookie assassins.

After the announcements, the boss went back up to his office while the others stayed on the first floor, partying.

"Come up." The boss' voice rang across the phone. I dropped the glass I was holding on a metal tray that was held by one of the assassins in training.

I walked to the elevator and went straight to his office on the top floor. "You want to see me?" I asked as I stepped into his office. "Yes." He replied.

"Congratulations Taehyung. I knew you had potential the first time I met you." He said. I chuckled remembering the first time I met him. It was a very eventful day. "Sit." He gestured to the leathered divan.

"I know you just finished a mission but I have a new mission for you. I would have sent Jungkook but you know he's impulsive and he might just get himself killed. You're the best person for the job." He explained, earning a sigh from me.

Damn, I had really been sighing a lot.

I love my job but most of the time, it had to be done at night and I really don't like leaving reality alone in the house. I was thinking I wouldn't go have another mission for a couple of weeks but I was wrong.

"Who should I kill?" I questioned. He stood up from the divan and went to his desk, grabbing a black folder, he handed it to me. I opened the folder and saw full information about the unfortunate person who they've paid his or her life price.

"Anton Stepanov is your guy. A Russian mafia boss. His son Andrei Stepanov wants him dead. He thinks his father doesn't want to leave the position for him." He explained, leaving me shocked.

The Vice-president wants the president killed, and now a son wants his father killed? What has this world turned into?

"I'm sorry boss, why are you telling me this? Normally, you don't tell us who wants whom to be killed or the reason why the person should be killed. Yesterday, I had to beg you to tell me who wanted the president dead and now you're telling me this without me even asking?" I muttered as I flipped through the pages.

"You've just earned the title 'Assassin of the decades' and I think you've proven that you're skilled enough to know every little detail about the person you're going to kill. I don't tell anyone the details because they might put their emotions first and not get the job done but as the assassin of the decade, I think it's safe to say you won't put your emotions first." He explained, earning a nod from me.
In this line of work, emotions are our biggest enemy so I completely agree with not knowing the details. I've killed more than enough people to still have some humanity left.

Knowing the details won't stop me from doing my job. I wouldn't care if a woman wants her newborn baby dead. It's my job and I would do it.

"Andrei will be taking his father to a strip club called ONIRIA, a couple of times a week. They'll be here for two weeks so make sure to get the job done before then. Andrei will inform me of the days they'll be at Oniria. They'll be there tonight so go see them in person." He informed me.