55 | Sick

THIRD PERSON's POV

Immediately Wraya saw the messages on the group chat, she knew who was behind it. She wasn't completely sure but she thought the chances of the school getting burnt due to a mistake was slim. What are the odds?

The girls and Reality weren't aware of what had happened as their minds were on different things. The girls couldn't wait to take the new car for a drive while Reality couldn't wait to announce to her classmates that she had a mom.

The elevator had reached the first floor and the girls with Reality stepped out but Wraya was still inside. "Go wait for me in the car, I'll be right out!" She announced and without waiting for their response, she pushed the nineteenth button, closing the door.

She needed to ask Taehyung if he was the one behind it and feeling her phone vibrating again in her hands, she unlocked and checked the group chat which had new messages.

Jewel Academy 2nd Graders

Maira Mehra
— • Oh my goodness, something horrible had just happened.
— • I was going to speak with the head teacher regarding the fire in the school and she told me that they've been trying to reach Ms. Houston.
— • When they couldn't reach her, she went to her place this morning and met her dead body instead.

Wraya Kim
What do you mean the head teacher met Ms. Houston's dead body? • —

Kitana Coleman
— • What?
— • How did it happen?

Maira Mehra
— • The head teacher said she hung herself, Although the police haven't confirmed it as suicide yet. They want to get an autopsy done.

Sandra Morgan
— • I can't believe all these horrible things happened in the span of a few hours.

Janet Willis
— • That school is cursed.
— • 💬

The elevator had stopped and opened on the nineteenth floor which made Wraya stop reading the incoming messages from the group chat. She stepped out of the elevator and walked straight to the second unit, pushing the doorbell. She wasn't sure what she was there for anymore because the death of Reality's Homeroom teacher confirmed to her that everything was Taehyung's doing.

She pushed the doorbell again as she wasn't getting any response from inside. After a while of standing and repeatedly pushing the bell, she called Nova to ask if the beige's man car was in the parking lot but when Nova confirmed it was, She got worried that something might have happened to him. She could recall how he looked the previous day; he looked sick but she ignored him 'coz she was more worried about Reality.

She called Nova again but this time, she asked her to give the phone to Reality. With Reality on the phone, Wraya asked her for the passcode to their apartment. Without thinking much, the little girl called the four numbers to Wraya.

Wraya hung up immediately and rushed into the apartment. The living room was empty and the house was as clean as they met it the previous day. Slowly, she walked towards the room she saw the beige man entering and opened the door. She found Taehyung lying on his bed with his full clothes from the previous day on.

"Mr Kim?" She called as she walked further into the room. "Mr Kim!" She called again when there was no reply. When she got closer to him, she spotted beads of sweat all over him and the shirt under his clothes drenched in sweat while he looked like he was shivering.

"Mr Kim? Mr Kim!" She held his arms and shook his body to wake him up but he wasn't opening his eyes. "Wake up!" She said as he was slowly opening his eyes. Wraya gasped as she saw how swollen and bloodshot red they were. She slowly moved her hand to his neck to feel his temperature and let out another gasp when she felt how burning hot he was.

"Wra-ya?" He let out with a raspy and broken voice. "You have a fever," Wraya said as she tried to help him sit.

"Re-a-li-ty?" He asked.

"She's fine. She's with the girls," She responded as she helped him take his coat off. His chest, back and armpits were drenched in his sweat and the beige colour of the shirt had deepened in those parts.

"She can't *coughs* know I'm sick *sneezes* She'll be sad," Taehyung said with many struggles and Wraya responded by nodding her head repeatedly. She was worried for both Taehyung and Reality, She hated seeing a sick person because it reminded her of her brother, Saya who died because of stress— but the beige man was right, Reality shouldn't find out her father had fallen sick thinking of her.

Meanwhile, at the parking lot, the girls were Confused as to why Wraya suddenly went back into the building but Raven had spotted Wraya pushing the nineteenth button so she knew Wraya was going to Taehyung. They were even more confused when Wraya had asked them if Taehyung's car was down in the parking lot and later asked Reality for the passcode of his apartment.

"I think I should go up and see what's going on," Nova said to Raven who was in the Driver's seat. Before Nova could get out of the car, she got a message from Wraya,

Glittery Wraya
— • Hey Nova, I just got a message that Reality's school was on fire and her homeroom's teacher hung herself and is now dead. I went to the beige man to tell him but when I got here, he was curled on his bed with a fever. Don't tell Reality her dad is sick, just tell her that her school has been burnt down and take her shopping.
— • You can also get the clothes I'll be wearing to Angela's brand launching party at the weekend.

As Nova read the message, she passed her passed her phone to Raven who also quickly went through the texts and exchanged looks with Nova.

"Reality dear, They said your school is on fire and Wraya had an emergency so she can't be here with us," Raven broke the news to the little girl. Reality sighed and pouted in the back seat. She was happy that her school got burnt down but she wanted to be with Wraya which was what made her sad that Wraya couldn't be with her.

"...but we can go for a ride in this new car, and also go shopping for new clothes. Oh, you can help Wraya pick out an outfit she'll be wearing to a party this weekend," The Little girl's face lit up at Nova's words which she replied to with a nod.

On the nineteenth floor, Wraya was unbuttoning the beige man's shirt, trying to get the sweat-drenched shirt off him and Taehyung could only relax on the headboard of the bed and watch Wraya taking off his shirt.

After minutes of rumbling around the house, she finally found a bowl she filled with cold water and a small towel. She returned to the lifeless-looking man and started cleaning his body with the damped towel.

"Do you have a cold medicine here?"