71 | Gone

"Wraya, I have something to tell you about the beige man..." The table went graveyard silent when Nova finally spoke, "...right now," She added, sounding very serious, it almost scared me. "Right now?" I questioned as I watched her stand up.

"Yes," she firmly stated.

Exchanging looks with Raven and Neel, I stood up and closely followed Nova who was already climbing the stairs. Once we entered my room, Nova immediately locked the door behind us and started crying, "What do I do, Wraya?" She held my hands and it was like she had a mask on downstairs as her face was swollen and her eyes were red unlike when we were in the dining.

"What do you mean, Nova?" I asked as I brought closer to the bed to sit her down.

"Neel has gotten himself in a deep mess and I don't know how to get him out," She continued to cry uncontrollably.

"What deep mess?" Completely confused by her words and actions, I questioned hoping she would clarify the part she said was about the beige man.

"What I'm about to tell you is really big and it might come off as shocking but I don't want you to be too shocked. The beige man is not who you think he is. He is—he is an Hired assassin,"

"..." I was completely and utterly speechless. How did she know?

"He is a killer and now, Neel has started working in that Killers company. What do I do to get him out of that place?" She pulled me to sit beside her and questioned. "...but h-how did you know that?" I stuttered as my pea brain couldn't comprehend how she figured that out.

"When I used to to work in the backroom, there is this guy that usually calls only for me. His name is James, He doesn't make me do anything, we just sit and drink until we pass out. One day, I had a lot of drinks but I was only tipsy and he was on a phone call talking about a person he had to kill because she found out the truth about Chomrhade Holdings,"

"..."

"I thought the whole thing was insane so I started asking around about the company then I met this thug who used to live in my area. He suddenly had money and all. When I asked him what he does, he said he became a professional thug and I thought mafia but he said no. He said he wasn't supposed to tell me but because of our close relationship back then, he told me he works as an assassin at Chomrhade Holdings and had me promised not to tell anyone or I might get killed,"

I couldn't believe she knew all those things, no wonder she had a panic attack when she found out her brother works at Chomrhade Holdings. Ignorance was really a bliss.

The problem was how to get Nova to think Chomrhade Holdings is a real company but with all she knew, there was no way she could be convinced but then I had an idea. What if she didn't need to be convinced that Chomrhade Holdings was a real company, what if she needed a justification to why the company is fake?

"You see Nova, I know what the beige man does. He told me what Chomrhade really is and it's nothing like you think. See Chomrhade Holdings is government-supported agency and they only carry out government ordered missions. For example, the beige man would be going this mission to take down terrorists in a few days and the President, himself requested him to do it," I lied through my teeth.

"Really?"

"Yes, Neel joined a government agency that's insanely hard to get into and good thing is that he became the beige man's assistant so he doesn't have to go on missions," I spat out even more lies.

"So he's not a killer?"

"Yes, Neel won't be killing anybody. The only reason that James guy said he killed someone who figured out the reality of Chomrhade is because the government is very strict about them keeping their identity a secret from the public," I held her hands, reassuringly and she pulled me in a hug, "You have no idea how much that information calmed me down, I mean—I thought Neel became a murderer," she let out.

I felt guilty for lying to her but I also felt she'd be better without knowing the actual truth. My lie wasn't so far off from the truth because it was true that the beige man would be risking his life to save the world from terrorists and the government would be supporting Chomrhade Holdings.

Pulling away, Nova let out, "Hey, Wraya I have a favour to ask. If it's not too much, I'd like Neel to stay here with us, I want to be able to monitor him and what he does,"

It was the middle of the night and the beige man texted me saying he wanted to take me out for a drive so there I was, dressed in an oversized shirt and a fluffy slippers. "Hey," He pulled me in for a kiss with his hands quickly moving to my ass and giving it a squeeze.

"So, where are we going?" I asked after pulling away.

"I just want to drive around, hanging out with you," He replied, stroking my waist. Feeling my face and ears heat up, I nodded shyly while my lower lip was trapped in between my teeth.

"C'mon on,"

We got into car and drove away from the apartment but suddenly, my phone started ringing and looking at the caller ID, I gulped hard when I saw Reality's name plastered on the screen, "Look, your daughter," I said, showing the beige man the incoming call.

"You mean our daughter? What is she doing awake anyways, it's the middle of the night and she's going to school tomorrow," He whined.

"Hey, Sweetheart. Why aren't you asleep yet?" I said sweetly across the phone.
"Daddy is doing something weird to you, isn't he?" I gasped at the little girl's words. What did she know about weird things and how was her brain able to comprehend those words?

"Talk to your daughter," Not Knowing how to respond to her question, I shoved my phone to the beige man, "Boiling Volcano, it is the middle of the night, what are you doing with your cellphone and not sleeping?" He scolded.

"I-"

"Go to sleep right now! I'll check your screen time in the morning and if there's any unnecessary bars on there, I'll have it taken away from you. Go to sleep," Without letting her speak, he said and hung up.

"Hey! You shouldn't have spoken to her like that, she's just a little girl," I scolded him. "What is she doing not sleeping at two in the morning? She needed to be scolded. Ever since you've gotten her that phone, she's always on it and I think it's time we take the phone away from her for sometimes," he said.

"What if, we take the phone from her at eight in the night and give it back to her after school then we can just repeat that circle until further discussion," I suggested.

"Hmm, do whatever you feel is best, I won't be around for a while anyways," he said and pulled over at the side of the road. I hadn't realized that we were already in the outskirts of the city until he hit the brakes but knowing he would be gone in just two days and might never return caused tears to well up in my eyes.

"Please, promise you'll come back," I let the tears flow down my eyes as I spoke.

"I'm sorry Wraya, I can't promise that,"

A/N
Did I forget to mention to that this story is coming to an end?
In fact, I'm planning like two more chapters to round this up.
...and I haven't decided whether I want to give this book a  happy or sad ending. Just so y'all know, the ending will depend on my mood tomorrow.
Also, immediately this ends, I'm starting a new KTH book titled MARRIAGE CLOWNAGE. So some of y'all send me pms to write some certain things,

Here's the idea,
Arranged marriage
Dark Romance
Office romance
21+

So I've decided to merge the ideas together and sprinkle some spice on it to make MARRIAGE CLOWNAGE.
I might change the title later because I think the title is not epic enough and I love sheets-grabbing titles.

I know 95% of y'all are silent readers but I better see y'all in my new book that y'all requested for.