40 | Do you like me?

"I'm sorry and thank you for that, and also, you don't have to give Dabin's mom your number," We slightly pulled away from each other but were still close enough to not warrant a suspicion.

"Weren't you the one that says you don't leave room for loose ends?" I paused. "I'll give Dabin's mom my number to NOT leave any loose ends," I finished with a smile.

"You're a loose end," He mumbled under his breath unbeknownst to him that I could hear him. I decided to shrug it off and look around for Reality.

"Daddy, Mono's mom wants to speak with you," Reality came running to us. The beige man looked back and forth between his daughter and me visibly contemplating what to say.

"She's upstairs, there. You'll see her as soon as you get there. Go!" Reality left no room for his reply. She pushed him towards the stairs. I could see on his face that he doesn't know whether to stay or go but he left anyways.

"Wraya," Reality turned to me and whispered. I bent down to listen to her. "There is another witch who won't leave my Daddy alone. She's also bothering him whenever he drops me off and picks me up at school," She let out with a whisper.

"W-what do you want me to do?" I stuttered and
my face heated up. I was starting to think she brought me to the party to fight other women.

"Go up there and tell her to stay back! Tell her he's yours and you are my mommy and she'll never be my mommy," She said authoritatively, making my face heat up even more.

"But he's not mine and I'm not your mommy," I whispered to her.

"Not with that attitude you're not. Please!" She pouted. I stood up to my feet and walked towards the stairs, swerving the little kids running around.

"Hi, I've never seen you around before?" A woman stopped and asked politely asked who I was. "Ahh, I'm Reality's Mom," I lied through my teeth.

"Oh my goodness, it's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Janet, Ricky's mom. One of Reality's classmates," She introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you too, Janet," I slightly bowed and smiled subtly at the sincere woman. There was a big difference between Kitana and Janet—and it was obvious.

"Look at you, you look so young and Vibrant," She complimented. "Ah, thank you so much. You look amazing as well," I returned.

"I'll—" I cut myself off, pointing to the stairs. She understood what I meant and nodded repeatedly. "Go ahead," She said.

I finally climbed the stairs and spotted the beige man standing with a woman right in front of him. Mono's mom. She was giggling—keh, keh, keh like the beige man was the funniest person one could ever meet.

He wasn't.

I walked towards them and with one move, my arms was hooked with his. "Darling, I was looking for you," I said while looking at him. I could have sworn I heard a low gasp from him.

His facial expression switched to that of a flirtatious one he had downstairs with Dabin's parents.

"Oh my gosh, you must be Mono's mom, the birthday's boy mom. Nice to meet you. I'm Reality's mom," I stretched my hands towards her for a handshake. She was stunned but begrudgingly shook my hands.

"Mr Kim, you ne-ver to-ld me you had a—wife," She said with her voice breaking now and then. "That's because I didn't feel the need to," He simply stated.

"I'm sorry, it slipped my mind. I didn't bring a gift for the birthday boy," I said. "Don't worry, Baby. I can always give the gift to her when I go drop Reality at school on Monday," The beige man responded. I blushed at the way he called me 'baby'. Amusement was written all over his face as he stared at me.

"There's..." He suddenly touched my face and blew on my cheekbones. "Lashes," He finished. I averted my gaze to Mono's mom, her sclera turned from white to red as she stared at us.

"Why would you go drop Reality at school when I'm back? I'll take her to school and give Mono's mom her child's birthday gift," Now I have no idea why I said that but I knew I shouldn't.

"Well then, I'll see you on Monday," She said and walked away.

The beige man and I watched as she walked further into the house. "She's surely going to cry. Her eyes were so red," I said to the beige man. "I don't care. It wasn't like I ever showed her interest or led her on," He shrugged.

"But now I feel bad," I Let out. I wasn't Reality Mom neither was I his wife and I didn't give space for the woman who wants to be.

"Don't feel bad. She killed her own husband and I can never be with someone like her," He stated. My jaw dropped at the new information.

"How did you know that?" I leaned closer to him and whispered. "The same way I found out things about you—you know—like your mom," He explained. I had forgotten that the man was a Hitman.

"Ohh," I muttered.

"Again, I'm sorry. I had no other choice than to do that to you. It was either that or I—" He paused, and stared at me for a few seconds before continuing. "Kill you," His voice came out inaudible.

"Why didn't you kill me?" I asked. If I were to answer, I would say he didn't do it because his daughter likes me and he loved his daughter with his soul but knowing he threatened me even before he found out his daughter liked me, there was probably a different answer to why he didn't kill me.

Thinking back to my first and second time dancing at Oniria. Both times, he sat in the corner staring at me like I did something to him. Even when I finished dancing, he never broke eye contact.

He stayed quiet and stared at my lips. I never realised we were so close. I could suddenly feel his breath fanning my face.

Maybe the girls were right about him having the hots for me.

"Do you like me?" I asked.