King George is Still Dream's George

George groaned lightly as he saw the wood supply, added with the thought that it was getting cold. They needed more wood, but of course, everyone was busy. He’d just do it himself. He needed to help out around more anyway.

He went back up to his room to grab an axe and a dagger, the second one to protect himself if he had to put his axe down for some reason. He also was terrible at swinging an axe.

While he was looking for his dagger, he heard a knock on his door. “Come in!” he called.

“Hey,” He heard Dream greet casually and he smiled a bit.

“Hi, Dream,” he said happily as acknowledgment, glancing briefly at the knight before looking away.

“Where are you going?” Dream asked suspiciously, seeing all of George’s cold weather stuff laid out on his bed.

“Going to get more wood.” George replied simply, and knew the reply just from the sigh Dream gave.

“I’ll come with you.” He said, making annoyance barely flare up inside of him. He didn’t need to be constantly babied by everyone just because he was a king.

“You don’t need to.”

“But I should, for protection. It’s starting to get cold and people will be more desperate for money for food.” Dream tried to reason with the stubborn king.

“I can protect myself.” George said as he found his boots and faced Dream.

“George you need to have someone with you if you’re going into the forest. Preferably me, since I’m, you know, a royal knight.” Dream groaned at the stubbornness of the king, glaring through his visor at the shorter man.

“King George, to you,” George replied cockily with a smirk as he rustled through his belongings for the simple weapon to defend himself with. “And I’ll be fine, I took classes when I was younger about self defense,” he retorted, pulling out the dagger.

“People out there would easily be able to overpower you especially if you’re only holding a little dagger.” Dream scoffed, knowing himself George’s strength was not up there.

“What is that supposed to mean?” George acted offended, glaring at Dream.

“It means that I need to come with-“

“I don’t need you to protect me, Dream, I can protect myself. Probably better than you can,” they both knew he was just being cocky, and he definitely couldn’t protect himself, let alone better than Dream.

Dream made a move to grab George’s wrist, almost on instinct for when he wasn’t listening. But, easily, George sidestepped away from the grip.

“You wouldn’t threaten the king, would you?”

He had the most shit eating smile on his face, and looked at Dream with a raised eyebrow. Dream fucking growled, his fists clenching in annoyance but he knew George was right. That’s exactly what annoyed him.

“Anyway, let’s go,” the king said happily, as if they hadn’t argued for 10 minutes about this and he hadn’t wasted Dream’s time.

With a scowl, Dream followed George outside after being sure he had a sword and other stuff he’d need.

“Where are you guys going?” Sapnap asked as they were on their way out, Dream already slightly annoyed.

“Wood,” George replied simply, sending a smile towards Sapnap.

“Yeah, come get us if we’re not back in an hour or two,” Dream added, following George out with sigh.

As they walked towards the woods, Dream calmed himself down enough, “Don’t you have people to do this?” He asked, putting his elbow on top of George’s head.