Throwing a Bone Pt3 - Teething

Dream hooked the leash back onto George’s collar and led him back inside and to the kitchen. To George’s surprise, Dream removed his muzzle, setting it on the counter.

“I think I can trust you without this now.” He said as he filled up a large bowl with water, and set it in front of George.

“You must be thirsty, baby.”

He was right, George’s throat was parched and sore from dehydration, so with little hesitation, he began to drink from the bowl. It was a bit difficult to figure out, but eventually, he learned that the most effective way was to submerge his entire mouth and suck.

George’s cheeks glowed pink as he heard Dream’s cooing at him from above, calling him a “good boy” and “his adorable puppy.” As he finished his water, he heard Dream retrieving something from the fridge. It was that wretched bottle.

“Are you going to eat today, Georgie?” Dream asked in a baby voice.

George scoffed and turned away. Part of his brain argued that he had suffered worse that day and that he should just accept rather than going hungry, but the majority of his brain told him to smack it out of his hands and spit on him. Of course...he wasn’t going to do all that, but what he could do was refuse the bottle once more. He wanted to hold on to at least SOME of his dignity.

“Bloody hell if I’m drinking from that.” George spat.

Dream sighed sadly once more.

“Fine, but I don’t want to hear any whining when you go hungry.”

George still had it in his mind that he would eat when he was rescued...if he was rescued.

“Well, I guess it's time to give you your reward for your...partial obedience.”

This piqued George’s interest slightly, but he couldn't imagine he was going to like the surprise very much. He was proved correct when Dream held out a stuffed sheep toy in front of his face. He squeezed its body a few times, making it squeak loudly before shoving it in George’s mouth. George spat the toy out almost immediately and glared at him.

Dream simply picked the toy back up and shoved it into his mouth once more.

“Don’t drop this again, sweetie.” He said through his teeth, which sent a shiver up George’s spine.

George held on tight to the stuffed toy and gave it a few squeaks, hoping to appease Dream. This made Dream smile.

“Good boy! Now you go play with that while I make myself lunch.”

George scrunched his face when Dream gave a playful boop on his nose. Dream turned around and began making himself a sandwich, leaving George to his own devices.

George took the toy back to his admittedly cozy bed. He rolled onto his back and began to rub his knees the best he could with those cumbersome gloves he had on. God did his knees ache! He certainly wasn't used to having to crawl on all fours, especially for so long. The high heels and the nails embedded in them certainly didn’t help with his pain.

“God, I’d give one of my kidneys for a decent foot rub right about now!” He thought to himself.

“What are you doing in there, puppy? You’re being awfully quiet.”

George bit down on the toy, squeaking it to let him know that he was still “playing” with it. George continued to absent-mindedly chew on the toy. In a weird way, it brought him some kind of comfort, but mostly it was just a distraction from his growing hunger pains.

He closed his eyes, as he tried to get some sort of rest. He barely slept the previous night, and exhaustion was weighing heavy on his eyelids.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------