Secret Snacks

George was tossing and turning in bed, a whine leaving his lips. He slept for around twenty minutes, before he woke up and couldn’t fall back asleep. He pouted and opened up his eyes again, scanning the almost dark room.

The sun was beginning to set outside, barely any light coming in through the curtains at this time of day.

Now, George was supposed to be taking a nap. But what he really wanted, was a snack.

He knew his Dada said no snacks before dinner, but he couldn’t help but want some goldfish and gummies. Who could blame him, really?

George lifted himself up from his spot in his bed, carefully sliding off the side. He made sure to grab Bunbun’s arm, taking the stuffed bunny toy with him on his journey. His mission, to be exact.

The little carefully and slowly pulled open his bedroom door, making sure to move as slow as possible. He had to be quiet so his Dada didn’t hear him and realized he was avoiding nap time. And most importantly, that his Dada wouldn’t find out what he was up to.

On his tiptoes, George was creeping down the narrow hallway. Dream was in his office, busy working on something he needed to get done for his merch team before he started dinner, so he was going to be occupied for quite some time.

When George reached the top of the stairs, he gulped and brought Bunbun to his chest. “Scary..” He whispered, eyeing the steep staircase.

He sat on his bottom, and held onto the railing with one hand, as he slowly began to scoot himself down the stairs one by one. He made sure Bunbun was secure in his arms, hearing Dream’s voice from inside his office.

As soon as the little made landing at the bottom of the stairs, he giggled quietly to himself and pulled himself up with help of the railing. He hurried into the kitchen before his Dada could emerge from his office and ruin his mission.

“Shh, Bunbun.. Gots t’ be quiets..” George whispered, putting a finger to his lips.

His small hands reached out and began to pull open their pantry, eyes going wide in awe once they landed on all the snacks before him. The little’s eyes were shining, a wide grin on his face as he examined the contents that were hidden from him with mean nap time.

George set Bunbun down on the counter, propping him up so he was facing the entryway to the kitchen. “Watch for Dada, ‘kay?” He instructed, patting the bunny on his head.

Once George turned toward the pantry again, he quickly stepped inside. His big eyes were searching for his gummies and goldfish.

That’s what he came here for.

He began to move things around, pushing boxes and bags out of his way. Some of them landed on the floor, the little not realizing that he was accidentally being louder than he thought.

In his head, he was still being stealthy and like he was on a top secret mission to rescue his snacks from the chamber they were trapped in.

He gasped when his eyes landed on his gummies, a triumphant giggle escaping his lips yet again. “Yes!” He whispered excitedly, quickly grabbing the box.

The brown haired boy snagged his goldfish next, taking both boxes in his arms as he did a little happy dance outside of the pantry.

His happy dance ended as soon as he heard a throat being cleared from behind him. The little’s eyes went wide and he gasped, spinning around to face his Dada as he hid the boxes behind his back.

While in his office, Dream heard things dropping in the kitchen and rummaging around. He figured Patches must’ve gotten into something, maybe her treats again, so he knew he had to go check before it turned into chaos.