Forced Chains - Pt1

It was Sapnap who held the suspicion at first.

During the dinner he had a slight conversation with Ranboo who he was sitting beside to make sure they didn't do anything to ruin the dinner.

"So...how was the wedding." He started. "What wedding? Oh! It was...dull I guess."

Now that raised a few questions in Sapnaps head. Because what little he's heard about Ranboo from Tommy, it's that he's nothing but a romantic.

So of course he had to say," Really, from what little we've heard about you it seems like you're quite the romantic."

"Um, it was a-."

"Ranboo." Tubbo cuts in quickly," what are you talking about?"

Ranboo makes a face of genuine fear and quickly turns his head toward the ground.

"We were just talking about you're wedding." Sapnap cuts in.

And Ranboo's head shoots up and looks towards Tubbo.

"Oh, you were?"

Tubbo and Ranboo make eye contact and a strip of fear glides over Ranboo's eyes but just as quick Ranboo places his eyes on the ground.

Just as Sapnap was about to question what just happened, Sally and Jared come in and the room burst in claps of congratulations.

The situation is completely wiped from the forefront of his mind but not completely.

Not even a few minutes later another suspicious situation arrives in front of Sapnap.

Tommy had stepped on Purpled's foot and fled from the ballroom. And almost everyone rolls their eyes at Tommy's typical behavior. Even Ranboo gives a little chuckle before Tubbo shuts him up with a side-eyed glare.

"Where did they go."

"None of your business." Cuts in Sam.

"I-I just want to talk to Tommy one last time."

"In the garden," cuts in Ponk and at the glare he gets from Sam he says, "it would be funny to see him come back in tears."

"Excuse me." Yells Philza, slamming his hand onto the table.

"I meant from their reunion, best friends for ever right?" Philza reluctantly puts his hand back to the rest of his chair while looking suspiciously at Ponk.

"Thank you." Tubbo states as he gets up.

Ranboo moves to get up with him but Tubbo puts his hand in front of him.

"Not with you." He seethes.

"Sorry s-" "That's enough."

And Tubbo walks out of the door while Ranboo keeps his eyes on the floor.

"What was that all about," Sapnap questions with a tilt of his head," That's not how husbands are supposed to work."

"It's just our relationship. It's really nothing to worry about. Sapnap shakes his head, "That is nothing like a real relationship."

"Please stop assuming things. I'm not really supposed to be talking to you anyway."

"What-"

"Alright Tubbo's back we can leave now," Stated Philza standing up.

As they left Tubbo and Ranboo's interaction kept playing along in Sapnap's head. Something about it just felt...off.

It was Dream who casted the nest suspicion upon Tubbo and Ranboo's "relation" as he, Sapnap and George had dubbed it.

He had gone into Philzas town to visit an old potion maker who was the most efficient potion maker Dream had ever gotten the honor of meeting. They were running low on regeneration potions, so they pulled straws and it just so happened that Dream picked the smallest one, so that's why Dream was going and not anyone more responsible like George.