Are you okay?

Notes: Denise provokes Karen at church making her suffer from the consequences.

TRIGGER WARNING: Shoving, Pushing, mentions of blood, hints of miscarriage.

It was a Sunday morning and the family was the first ones in church preparing to open it for the congregation while Drew was preparing himself for his sermon on today.

The sisters were talking about the upcoming choir performance and how Mattie finally let them sing versus giving Karen all the solos or so it had seemed.

It wasn't that Mattie was automatically giving Karen the solos just because but she was giving them to her so Karen could learn how to manage her stage fright and help her with her stage presence while performing. It wasn't like Karen had even wanted to do all the solos anyways. They knew how much she hated doing them because of her weird love and hate relationship with music. But she knew she had to push through it since she was working on her first album with Donald Lawerence and she needed the practice whether she liked it or not.

But now here Denise was feeling like Mattie was purposefully ignoring the rest of the girls for Karen when even Denise herself knew that it wasn't true. So now here she was making up false accusations about Karen and her upcoming singing career.

"Denise you callin' me a liar?!" Karen questioned one of her oldest sisters as they were sitting on the couch on the outside of Drew's office not trying to crowd him all at once or be too nosy.

"Well if the shoe fits wear it. Cause I'm lookin at one right now." Denise said staring straight at Karen.

"Denise you fool. I don't even know why you tryin to call me one so it don't fit." Karen said tilting her head while sizing her up.

"Well I am. You always do this I'm afraid to sing act but end up trying to sing as if you're better than everybody near the end." Denise told her.

"I think you're lying." Denise told her.

"Denise why would I lie about having stage fright when y'all know how much I actually hate singing?!" Karen stressed getting upset with her.

"Y'all know before every single performance or show I get nauseous and sometimes even sick. And afterwards I do actually end up being sick. Just because I sung well in the end that doesn't mean that the feeling of me being afraid went away or was never there to begin with. It's just that I just sometimes....get comfortable enough to actually sing but I still end up speeding through the whole entire song because of my nervousness." Karen told her rolling her eyes in annoyance at Denise.

"I shouldn't have to defend myself against you this is ridiculous. Your whole entire attitude against me lately is ridiculous and you bringing your son over to my house and just popping up and leaving him like you did is ridiculous. Don't do that no more Denise because I'm not playin' with you!" Karen said standing up as she was walking back over to Drew's office to go inside because Denise was gettin on her last nerve.

"I don't know who you think you're talking to like that and telling me about my own son?! Don't speak on my son!" Denise told her as she roughly grabbed Karen's arm trying to turn her around to shake her so Karen could face her.

"Well don't bring him over if you don't want me speaking on him. I don't mind him. But how you're acting is making me second guess everything." Karen told her making a face at Denise almost as if she was disgusted by her.

Which Denise didn't take to well to that and so she got offended and it actually caused the situation to go from worse to worser.

So, when Denise had roughly yanked Karen she actually ended up pushing Karen back towards Drew's office door to where Karen had hurt her back. But luckily, she didn't slam into the door from the side so the baby was okay as she quickly placed her hands on her stomach feeling a quick flash of tightness in her abdomen as she swallowed her spit.