How's its going?

Notes: Karen have started to get used to her chemo with her family helping out around the house a lot more.

It's been a month since Karen has been taking chemo and the family could now see the changes that were taking place in Karen's body.

And Mattie had basically moved in as well helping to take care of her baby girl as she had needed her mothers help often along with her backing. Especially when Karen's emotions would get the best of her and she wasn't trying to listen to Jacky or anybody else.

"Karen baby you gotta get up and walk around I know it's painful but you have to do it." Mattie said as she had to get Karen up out of bed because the chemo that she was now taking had been changed out since more cancer had spread to her body. But the doctors had done a good job of holding it off with the first medicine. It was just that she couldn't stay on it too long because of the side effects.

Now she had swelling her legs because the baby was trying to grow.

"But mama I can't do it." Karen wept in bed turning her head away from her and Jacky had just made it back from the store. "You gonna have too." Mattie simply told her. "So you can get better baby." Mattie said feeling bad for her daughter as she lightly rubbed Karen's legs.

"She's still in bed?" Jacky asked her mama after she had put the bag down and took her coat off.

"Mmmhmm. I ain't wanted to be too tough with her yet but we about to have too." Mattie said knowing her child. "We don't want her getting bed sores too early on." Mattie said. And, Jacky had nodded her head agreeing with her after the doctor had warned them not to let Karen stay in the bed too long because that could happen to her.

"Karennn you gotta get up. And I'mmmm NOTTT playing with you." Jacky told her coming onto the left side of her mama to get closer to Karen and so, Mattie had just step back so, Jacky could get to her.

"Do you want me to help you up or mama to help you up?" Jacky questioned her making herself very clear and Karen knew what tone of voice her big sister was using and so, Karen just gritted her teeth at her and throwing her covers back over her head.

So, Jacky just turned to her mama nodding her head knowing that the time was now.

When Jacky had nodded her head at her mama they both were in position to yank the covers off of Karen making Karen lose her grip on the comforter with Jacky having to pull Karen by her arms to sit up in bed so she can get out and walk around like doctors orders.

"Noooo." Karen whined trying to get herself covered back up but instead Jacky was using all her strength to get Karen out of bed.

"Karen you know you need to walk. You remember what the doctors told you?!" Jacky told her being worried about her sister because she was being so stubborn.

"Jackyy y'all don't understand. I'm in painnn." Karen told them as she was now whining.

"And to make it better you have to walk. You can't not walk, Kare." Jacky told her having to use tough love on her. "You know the doctors told you that even when it does hurt like hell you gonna have to literally walk through it so it can get better and you haven't been doing that." Jacky said. "I always have to make you do it because you not listening to Drew and he don't wanna have to use his strength on you because he don't wanna accidentally hurt you nor the baby. But you know he will automatically get you up outta this bed if he had too." Jacky told her.

"He will literally lift you up outta here." Jacky said.

"Don't make me call him in here to do that and tell him to straight up ignore your pleas and whining. Just so you could walk." Jacky warned her.