Chapter 2: Powers

Kate went to a park nearby and started getting the items on her list.

1. Dirt along with stones

2. Water from the fountain

3. Leaves from the trees

She couldn't find a lot of things. But it was enough to test her powers. She went home with the items and tested each one of them. But none of them were connected to her powers. "When will google work?" she thought and searched for different powers. She found 24 powers. She researched all night and tried them the next day. "Teleportation sounds fun, but the question is, do I have that ability?", she questioned herself and focused on teleportation.

On the other hand, Cody was trying to figure out his power, when he thought of something, and called Kate, "Kate, I need you to come to a place, I'm sending you the location.", he said. Kate rushed to the location and found Cody setting up a tent. It was an old campsite, near a small lake.

"Are we camping?", "I wouldn't say camping,", said Cody, taking out a small piece of rock rolled in a tissue. He asked Kate to look at it simultaneously. "Are you looking at this?", he said, Kate looked at it and suddenly Cody threw the rock at Kate.

Seeing the rock charging towards her, she tried stopping the rock with her hands, when a red light, more like an aurora, came from Kate's hands and stopped the rock! "What is this? I'm not doing it!" she said, and the aurora stopped. "Kate, you just figured out your power, telekinesis.", "I wanted time travel! C'mon, why this?"

They decided to spend the night at the campsite. "Did you notice what I noticed?" asked Cody. " You notice things? Since when?" asked Kate, with a curious but funny, grinning smile. "Now is not the time to be funny.", said Cody, looking grave. "Fine whatever, what did you notice?" she asked. "Ok, listen carefully, when you stopped the rock, the aurora came from your hand, right? So maybe this happened because, you were frightened, scared, afraid, nervous, terrified, petrified, horrified-", "Get to the point, genius!" she said, getting irritated.

"Oh, sorry. But this happened because you were scared. So, for your protection, your brain sent a signal to, I don't somewhere, and that aurora 'Magically' appeared out of nowhere". "Wow, genius. You are a genius after all. But how do I do it again?" asked Kate. "You just practice, I guess...-", "No please, I don't want to hear that word, you know I hate it.", "It's okay. Anyways, I'll be your mentor.", he said, happily.

"But you got a business to handle. I'll do it myself.", she said. Although she didn't want to say that, because she thought she would be a burden, nothing else. "I want to help you, Kate, at least for this intense.", "Ok, but I'll help you find your power, all right?", "As you say, Your Majesty, but you can't disclose the secret of us having powers, ok?", "Ok, I won't."

The next day, they left for home with their stuff. When Kate went to school, Sasha squealed and came running towards Kate. "Girl, where have you been? You have no idea who's in school right now!", "Harry Potter?" she said making a weird face. "What? No! Caleb's back!", said Sasha. "Wait, what? So soon? I thought he was on a holiday.", she said, giving Sasha a confused look. "You should go and see him, he's waiting for you by the lockers.", said Sasha. "

And also, he got a make-over or something, because he looks too good to be real.", said Sasha, as Kate nervously shrugged as they went to the lockers. Caleb was Kate's other best friend. Sasha, Caleb, and Kate made a trio together. They all were really good friends and would hang out all the time.

'Wonder why Sasha's so excited about it?', she thought to herself. But Sasha was right. When Kate looked at him, she nearly fainted. "Caleb looks more than just 'good'. He looks like a Greek god!", she said to Sasha. "I'd told you...," said Sasha. "You should talk to him, Sasha!", "Me? You're the one he wants to talk to.", said Sasha. "What? Me? No way!", "Yes way! He's coming right here!" said Sasha, being excited for Kate.

Just then, Sasha's phone rang, and she excused herself leaving Kate and Caleb by themselves. "Caleb, how was your holiday?" asked Kate. "It went really good-", "Ok... good.", she stopped him right there. "How was school when I wasn't-", "Oh, school! School was FINE!", "Why are you acting weird?", asked Caleb. "OK, fine! I missed you.", she said, as they both laughed. "So...you mind hanging out later? With Sasha... and me?", "Of course not.", said Caleb.

When Sasha came back, she saw Caleb leaving and Kate by herself. "Did you just scare him away with your sly smile?", "No! I just asked him if he wanted to hang out later.", said Kate. "All right, but remember, no sly looks from now on.", " I do NOT give sly looks, girl."

After hanging out with Caleb, Kate went home. Just as she entered through the door, she heard a voice, "Hello.". She jumped and screamed, "What are you doing here?". It was Cody. He had peeked through the window and saw Sasha, Kate, and Caleb hanging out. "Hanging out with Caleb?", asked Cody, "Yeah, he just came back home from a holiday.", "Nice. He was my junior. WAS, my junior. Now I got a job to handle.", "Yeah right.", she said.

"Anyways, I figured out my power.", "What is it?" asked Kate, getting thrilled. "It's um, super speed.", "Wow, that's great!", she said. "But there's a problem.", "What...?" asked Kate. "It happens anytime. Like, I was in a meeting when my leg started vibrating. And then I saw a fly, flying in slow motion!" said Cody, stunning Kate.