Chapter 16: Losing After Winning

The next day, they practised all the time, without any breaks. Kate and Cody had a conflict, and Cody won! "Wow! Someone's a quick learner.", said Kate, as Cody smiled at her and went inside to freshen up. They practised and practised throughout the day and were ready for the championship.

The next day, the day of the championship, everyone woke up at 6:00 am and got ready. Stone had already made an order of fighting and it was all fair and square. The chart of the order of fights was kept near the scoreboard. Stone placed the chart there and it said:

The starting time of the matches is 8:00 pm.

Round 1: Cody VS Steve

Round 2: Kate VS Caleb

Round 3: Winner of Round 1 VS Winner of Round 2

Round 4: Winner of Round 3 VS Stone

"The rules are simple. Do not cross the circle made here and make sure your opponent passes the circle. Fair and square.", he said, as he actioned for Cody and Steve to start the match. "Round 1 starts in... 3, 2, 1...", "We're still friends, right?", "Depends.", said Cody, as they both started the match. Both fought fiercely, but only one could win, and the winner was Cody! Without any delay, they started round 2. "3, 2, 1, fight!", said Stone as both of them raised their swords and started fighting. Caleb fought well in the beginning but got tired and had to give up.

"I...", continued Caleb, as he was breathless, "I think, I'm having a heart attack!", "It happens.", continued Kate, "Just have some water.", she said, as she handed him a bottle of water. Round three, was quite competitive, not like the others. The siblings were fighting, fiercely, but only one could win, which was Cody, again.

Without a word, or delay, they started round four. "All the very best, Mr. Parker.", said Stone, as they started the round. Both were unstoppable, fighting each other like there was no tomorrow. The other three just stared at them, fighting, in shock. "This is hard.", "Wanna bet?", asked Caleb, as both, Kate, and Steve, turned him down, awkwardly.

"At least I can bet.", said Caleb, watching the two fight. While the round was still going on, Stone got distracted, somehow, and almost saved himself from getting stabbed by the sword. Cody then knew, that whatever he does, Stone will defend himself. He started aiming at Stone and wanted to intentionally injure him. He then thought of aiming at Stone's stomach, but Stone was thinking of Oliver, and so he was distracted and couldn't defend himself.

He ended up getting stabbed! Cody, who was shocked that he had stabbed Stone, stood there, holding the sword. Everyone rushed towards both. "Oh, my god!", said Kate, "Why did you stab him?", asked Caleb, as everyone believed that Cody was to be blamed.

"Caleb, do something!", said Kate, disturbed by the scene. Stone didn't say anything at first and kept gasping for air. He felt dizzy but didn't say anything, as he thought it would only make the others worry even more. "Keep your eyes open, please.", said Kate, as Caleb started his healing process. "Hang on in there, Stone. We're gonna get you out of this.", said Caleb, as he healed him.

Cody just stood there, staring at Stone's wound. "Hey, you're not the one to be blamed.", said Steve, as he stood beside Cody. "I nearly killed him.", "No, no! You didn't, ok?", said Steve, as he hugged Cody. And soon enough, tears started dropping down Cody's cheeks, as he stared at Stone. Stone was seated on the grass, as Kate held his hand, tightly, and Caleb healed him.

"You're going to be ok, please...", said Kate, as she started weeping. "He'll be ok.", said Caleb, as Stone closed his eyes slowly. "W-Why did he close his eyes, Caleb?", asked Kate, but Caleb said nothing, just put his head down, and sighed, "Caleb? Please, no...", "Kate...", said Caleb, as he looked at Kate.