Chapter 56: Just an Idea

"She'll be fine... The doctor gave us this tablet and asked us to give it to her at certain times. We'll give it to her as soon as she wakes up.", "Right... Why did she faint anyway?", "She lost a lot of blood...", said Stone, as he downed his head, "The doctor said so...", "Oh... That's good to hear...", said Cody.

A few hours later, Kate woke up. "Cody...", she said softly, her eyes still closed. "Kate...", said Caleb, who was sitting beside her. "Caleb... Is Cody up?", she asked weakly. "Yes, he's up... He's with the doctor, having an extremely long conversation...", "Is he feeling okay now?", "Are YOU feeling okay now?", asked Caleb in concern. Kate just stared at him blankly, without knowing what to answer.

"I don't know... I think I'm fine-", "Kate, you vomited blood more than 8 times now. How can you say you're fine now?", asked Caleb. "Ok... Fine... I'm just having a headache again.", she said, as she held her head with one hand. "Where are Stone and Steve?", "They're getting tablets. Steve's getting Cody's and Stone's getting yours.", he said, looking a little annoyed.

"Well, that does-", "You're really naive, aren't you?", asked Caleb, slightly annoyed, after mentioning Stone. "What do you mean?", "Nothing...", he said, as he left the room. "Bloodstains...", said Kate to herself, in the empty room. "High fever... Blood stains... 4 drinks... 3 letters...", she remembered all the bad moments after she came to the cottage.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't remember ANY good memory of her being happy. "I'm the trouble. I blamed Stone for it several times.", she remembered her fight with Stone, after the 'Christmas Accident'. "Come on Kate... When was the last time, you were EXTREMELY happy?", she said to herself, fuming in anger.

"It's a NOW or NEVER decision...", she said, hatching a plan in her brain. She gathered the courage and strength to go up to the door and lock it. She went to the restroom and washed her face with fresh cold water. She came out with a scarf around her face, but then she thought it was foolish.

She went inside again, and luckily, she found a nurse's uniform. She quickly changed into it, before someone could come. She wore a surgical mask, grabbed her bag, put her stuff in it, and got out of the restroom. She went to the door. "Simply open the door, get out without any suspicion, and go... Where ever you want to...", she said to herself, as she opened the door.

There was no trace of Stone, Cody, Steve, or Caleb anywhere, so, she set off to make her exit. "Hey!", someone called from behind. It was Stone. "Yes?", she said, in a light voice. Stone made a suspicious face, as he came near a disguised Kate. "Where's Kate?", he asked, "She's in the restroom, sir. She asked me to help her reach to the restroom.", she said.

"I don't believe you...", he said. He reached out his hand, to remove the surgical mask, when Stacy came out of nowhere. "Hey, handsome! Where's Kate? She okay now?", she asked, as Stone backed off. "She's inside.", "Why don't you take me there?", said Stacy, as she put her hands around Stone's arm and led him to the room. "Phew! That was close.", said Kate, as she went away.

Stone sat on the chair, and Stacy left him there and set off to find the nurse, which was Kate. "Hey! Nurse!", called Stacy out. "Y-Yes?", "Here.", Stacy handed a piece of paper to her. "What's this?", she asked. "My number... Call me if you need any help,", she continued, as Kate took the paper, "Kate...", Kate's eyes widened. "How did you-", "Your walk is kinda funny, baby girl... Come on... Off you go!", "There's something you need to tell Stone!", she whispered something, and waved goodbye.