Chapter 55: Blacked Out Again

"Oh, my god, Miss. Parker, are you okay?", asked the nurse in distress, as she helped Kate get up. "I'm fine now...", she said, after vomiting a LOT of blood. Kate, Stacy, and the nurse went outside, towards Cody's room. Meanwhile, Stone was back with a thermometer, and didn't find Kate there.

"Kate? Oh, god, where'd she go?", said Stone to himself. Just as he put the thermometer, and set off to find Kate he saw the three coming towards him. "Kate?", he said softly, as he saw blood stains on Kate's jacket. "Kate... Kate!", he rushed towards Kate. "Stone...", she said weakly. "Thank you for your help. I got this now.", said Stacy to the nurse. The nurse left, and Stone came up to the two.

"Where did you go? I was worried sick!", said Stone, as she looked at him, with dizzy eyes. "She vomited blood.", said Stacy. "You're the girl from yesterday!", said Stone, as Stacy shrugged. "Thank you, Stacy...", said Kate softly. Stacy was holding Kate's hands, and she handed her over to Stone. "She's a strong girl... She didn't faint at any cost.", said Stacy.

Then suddenly, Kate closed her eyes and fell to the floor. "Kate!", Stone caught her just in time. "Oh dear. You might have to rush her to the doctor now...", said Stacy, as Stone picked her up. He put her on the bench, beside Caleb, and asked Stacy to look after her, while he called the doctor.

"Hmm...", moaned Caleb, as he woke up. "Oh, you're the cute boy! You woke up!", "What are you doing here?", he asked, a little annoyed. "She fainted.", "She what?", he said, completely waking up. "Hey! Calm down. Your friend's getting a doctor.", "He could've just woken me up.", said Caleb to himself, but Stacy heard him.

"You're a doctor?", "Kinda...", he said, as he didn't want to disclose his true self. He looked at Kate and gave the faintest smile. "Aw! You're all red!", "No, I'm not!", he said, as he blushed, and looked away. Meanwhile Stone got a doctor, and the doctor asked Stone to shift her to a hospital room.

"Can we shift her to her brother's room?", asked Caleb, "Of course, you can do that.", said the doctor, as he left. Caleb got up, to help Kate, but Stone picked her up and went to Cody's room. "It's okay... Happens!", said Stacy, as Caleb gave her a death stare, and she just shrugged and left.

Stone put Kate on a bed, next to Cody, and gazed at her. "Are you done?", asked Caleb, a little annoyed by his presence. "Do you think?", asked Stone in anger. "Back off, buddy?", "Why should I?", asked Stone. They were about to declare war when the doctor entered the room. "Kate Parker?", "Yes, that's her.", said Caleb, as the doctor sat on a chair next to Kate.

He checked Kate and turned to the two, who were busy giving death stares to each other. "She fainted due to a lot of blood loss.", said the doctor, as the two turned to him. "She'll be better... I've written the tablet to be given to her, at certain times, so please give it to her, and she'll be all right.", said the doctor, as he got up and left.

It was now afternoon, and the two were just staring at Kate, waiting for her to wake up. They had completely forgotten about Cody and Steve. "Hmm...", moaned Cody, as he opened his eyes. "Cody woke up.", said Stone, as the two got up, and went near him. "Feeling okay now, buddy?", "I'm fine... Just heavy on the head.

"We're glad you're up now. You've been sleeping for the past 18 hours.", said Caleb. "Where's Steve?", "He's outside... Sleeping...", just then, Steve barged inside. "Is he up?", he asked in shock. Cody waved at him weakly, and Steve ran up to him and hugged him tight. "Oh, my god, Steve! I... Can't... Breathe!", "Oh, sorry! Sorry...", he backed off, and they all laughed.

"Hold up, where's Kate?", asked Cody. Stone and Caleb looked at each other, and stammered. "Stop stuttering! Where is Kate?", "She um... She's... Unconscious...", said Stone, as Cody gasped. "She is what?", "Unconscious, my friend.", said Caleb. "Did she vomit blood again?", asked Steve, "Yes...", said Caleb and Stone together. "But where is she?", asked Cody, in concern. Caleb and Stone moved aside, and there she was. "No...", said Cody softly.