Chapter 17: Stone Apologizes

"He's not dead Kate, I saved him!", said Caleb, as Kate stopped crying and gasped. "What?", said Cody, as he sat next to him, and held his hand. "I didn't know he wouldn't defend himself. I'm sorry, I-", "It's ok, Cody. Everything's fine, and that's what matters. Now we have to think of a way of getting him inside.", said Caleb, as everyone laughed. "I can do that.", said Kate, as she lifted Stone with her powers.

The red aura was so majestic that the others couldn't get their eyes off it. "It's so...", continued Steve, "Pure.", said Cody softly, "Yes, it is.", said Steve. "Get over with it guys.", said Kate, as they went inside and Kate gently put Stone down, on his bed. "He will be ok, right?", asked Cody, "Yes, Cody. He will.", assured Caleb.

The next day, in the evening, Stone opened his eyes and saw Kate sitting beside him. She was reading a book to him, and when he saw the book cover, he learned it was his favorite book. He didn't let her know that he woke up, as he wanted to see what she would do. "And that's how he stopped it.", Kate read aloud.

"You know...", she continued as she sighed, "It's lonely without you.", "Is that true?", said Stone, scaring Kate away. "When did you wake up? You scared me!", "I woke up when I woke up," he said, as Kate just gave him an annoyed shrug and got some green tea. "I am not fond of green teas.", "You still have to drink it. It's for your good.", she said handing him the green tea, but he wouldn't take it.

"Just, do it.", she said, strictly. "What if I don't?", he said, as Kate gave him a death stare. Stone didn't say anything but just had his green tea. He saw the look on Kate's face, and asked, "Anything on mind?", and Kate just took a deep breath. "Don't,", she continued in a harsh tone, "Ever, ever, ever, do that again.", "Do what?", "Don't get yourself stabbed, ok? It's not a usual thing to do. And it's scary as well.", she said, "Apologies, for the incident.", he said, as he saw Kate's moist eyes.

"Please. Don't.", she said, as her voice started to break, and she got up and excused herself. "Miss. Parker.", said Stone, to stop Kate. "Yes, professor?", said Kate, sighing unwantedly, still facing the opposite direction. "I would like you to come here, right now.", "Yes sir.", said Kate, as she went to Stone, as he sat up.

"I know you are disturbed by the incident that happened yesterday and I apologize-", "Stone, it's not about apologizing. It's about you. You do this stuff and expect us to say nothing? I'm sorry I'm saying this but please... Change your way, Stone.", said Kate, leaving Stone speechless. "Change you...", she said, as she smiled and left.

It was soon dinner time, and Stone got up from his bed to make dinner. He walked into the kitchen, to find Kate and Caleb, cooking. "Why are you two-", "Why did you get up? Go to bed!", "What are you doing?", asked Stone, as he gaped at them. "We're making dinner, duh!", said Caleb, as he stirred the curry. Stone then felt a sharp pain in the stomach where he was stabbed. "Um, Kate? I think he's going to fall.", "Oh boy.", said Kate as she went to help him.

She made him sit on his bed, tucked his blanket, and got up to leave. "Wait.", said Stone, before she could leave. "Yeah?", she said, as she turned, looking normal. "I'm sorry.", he said, as Kate just gazed at him, in shock. "Mr. Stone... Said sorry?", she said, as she felt a wave of excitement. "Accept it before I take my words back.", he said getting annoyed. "Ok, ok! And... It's ok, Stone. It always was, but don't do that, ok?", "I had no intentions of getting stabbed.", he said as Kate looked at him, confused.

"Oliver,", he continued, concerning Kate, "Came to the backyard, a few days ago.", "He came here, and we didn't know? You didn't tell us? Why?", "A lot of questions will be asked and answered. But for now, we have to be alert. And do NOT tell anyone about this.", "Ok.", she said, as she left the room.