Chapter 49: Backyard-Special

"What was he saying?", asked Caleb, as Kate got up and sat, with her blanket wrapped around her. "He was just asking how I was doing.", "What did you say?", "I said I was fine.", she said, as she coughed, and covered the blood with her hand. "Is that-", "Nothing.", she said, as she got up to clean it in the bathroom.

Caleb stopped her and took her hand gently. "Blood?", he asked her. "I'm so sorry-", "It's okay, Kate. Just tell us.", he said, in concern. "I know, it's just, really worrying.", said Kate, as she held her head. "You need to be treated.", he said, as he turned to leave when Kate caught him.

He turned to see sparks in her eyes. He put her on her bed, and wiped the blood off, using a tissue, kept beside her. "Kate... I wanted to ask you something.", he said, as Kate asked what it was.

"What do you take me as?", he asked, as Kate was a little confused. She then knew what she had to answer, and it was true. "Family.", said Kate, as Caleb looked at her. "As in... Brother?", he asked, "No. Not brother. I just know... Family.", she said, as she didn't know if he was like her brother, or...

"Family...', said Caleb softly. "Well... Yes.", said Kate. "Okay. Cool.", said Caleb, as he smiled, and got up to leave. "Can I come outside?", asked Kate. "Well, you have to rest. So...", "Please?", she asked with a sad look. "Fine. But be careful.", he said, as he helped her get up. "You know,", continued Kate, "I wanted to grab a scoop of ice cream.", she said. The moment Caleb heard 'ice cream', he looked at Kate and gave her a death stare.

"Ice cream? In high fever? Seriously?", he asked, as the two laughed. "I just wanted to talk.", she said, as Caleb smiled. "Good way to start a topic, yeah?", she said, as she laughed. They went to the backyard, which was a little distance from Cody's room. "Wonder what Cody would be thinking right now.", she said, as Caleb's smile changed into an unhappy look.

"Where is Cody anyways?", asked Kate, as Caleb turned to her nervously. "He's out with Steve. Getting stuff, you know.", he said, as he chuckled nervously, and Kate shrugged and bought the act. "I DID want Ice cream, you know.", said Kate, as she conjured on for her. "Since when can you do that? And.. wait a minute, is that ice cream?", asked Caleb as he looked at her with a serious, but joking look.

"Maybe~", she said, as Caleb took it from her hand. "No ice cream, till you're better.", "But I AM better!", she said, as Caleb touched her forehead, which was completely normal. "Still no ice cream.", he said, as he looked in the other direction with the ice cream. "But I'm okay now, Caleb! Give me my ice cream!", she said, as she grabbed Caleb's hand, and he turned.

He was stuffing the ice cream in his mouth, and Kate gasped. She grabbed the ice cream and showered the ice cream all over his face! "How dare-", before Caleb could say anything, Kate ran away, as she laughed. "Oh, my god!", she said, as she locked the door of the backyard so that he couldn't enter. "Open... The door.", he said, with ice cream all over his face.

"Yeah, right!", she said, as she laughed. "Having fun?", said Stone from behind. "Stone, open the door!", "Oh, my gosh! Look at your face!", said Stone, as the two laughed at Caleb. Caleb felt angry and decided to prank them. He saw a towel and went near the tap in the backyard to wash his face. He washed his face, and went to the two, as they looked at him, and laughed. "You guys... Are...", he continued, as he acted like he was feeling dizzy.

"Is he okay?", asked Kate, as Stone looked at him with serious eyes. "I think we should-", just then, Caleb fell to the ground, and moved frantically, like he was having a seizure! 'I sure am a good actor, yeah!', he said to his mind, as he acted it out. "Open the door! Open the door, quick!", said Kate, as they opened the door, and came near Caleb, who stopped moving and acted dead!