Chapter 28: Visible Damage

"It wasn't how it looked like! I was getting us out of trouble!", "Trouble, huh? You ARE trouble!", "He is after you, not me! I'm saving you, not me!", "Yeah, right.", said Kate, as she got up to leave, but felt dizzy. "Kate come on!", said Stone, but then, he saw that Kate was waving in the air. "Kate?", he called out to her, as she collapsed to the ground.

She woke up, after a few minutes, holding her head. Her vision was completely blurred, and her mind was blank. "Stone...", she called out for him, "I'm right here.", he said, as he was sitting at a distance, lighting up a fire. "We have to go...", she said softly, and Stone heard it. "We can't.", "Please Stone, I have to call Cody...", "No, Kate, I can't let you.", "You're with Oliver, aren't you?", "No, I'm not-", "I heard you!", she said as she struggled to breathe, and Stone got worried and got up.

"I'll let you call him, but you can't tell him our whereabouts. It's dangerous.", "Ok...", she said, as she gathered her breath. "Here, your phone.", he handed Kate her phone, and she called Cody. "Please pick up, please pick up!", she said slowly, as Stone showed no interest, but looked a little jealous.

She called Cody many times, but he didn't pick up. She then called Caleb. "Come on Caleb, please pick up!", she said, as tears down her cheeks. Stone came near her, with a napkin, and started wiping her tears off. "What're you doing?", "I'm cleaning your wounds.", he said, as he gently blew her cheeks.

Kate's face went red, and she just looked at him. "I'm not that good-looking.", he said, with no expression. "W-What? Uhm... I never said anything about that...", "Your face is red like a tomato. You look like you'll explode into a thousand cherry tomatoes.", he said as he smiled, and Kate blushed even more.

Then suddenly, her phone rang, and she was stunned. "Oh, uhm...", "Pick it up...", said Stone, as he sat where he was sitting, away from Kate. "Hello? Caleb?", "You guys sure are late. Where are you?", asked Steve. "Tell him we'll be late... Traffic.", commanded Stone.

"We're stuck in...", "Stuck? Stuck where?", asked Caleb, "They WHAT?", asked Cody, as Kate heard him from a distance on the phone call. "Hand it over! Hello? Kate?! Where are you?", "TRAFFIC!", screamed Kate, as Cody didn't say anything for 10 seconds, and handed the phone to Caleb. "You talk...", "She's your sister man.", "Ugh come on!", said Cody.

"Ok, Cody, I have to hang up now, and also, we'll be late, bye!", she said, before Cody could say anything. "You hung up on CODY?", asked Stone, "Yup. I hung up on Cody...", she said as she held her head. "Hey... Are you sure, you're okay?", "No... It hurts so bad...", she said, as looked at the ground. "Let me help," said Stone, as he sat next to her.

He had a first aid kit with him, in case of any emergency. "What had happened?", "I don't want to talk about it... Ow...", "I just want to know.", he asked, politely. She had no choice but to sigh and give in. "When I woke up, I saw that we both were tied to a chair. After some time, Oliver entered,", she continued.

"He started to speak in French, and I didn't understand most of the things. So I asked him, what he was going to do to us, and he said that he had already killed you...", she said as Stone gave her a confused look. "That's when I snapped, and I was free from the rope, and fought him... He sent his men, and as I was busy fighting with them, he hit me with a rod...", she said, as Stone's hands started to tighten.

"I think it was a metal rod..." she said, as she rubbed her head. "He told me he-", "Injected me...", she said, as she remembered. "Yes, he... It was something green... And after he injected it into me... I just...", "You just what?", he asked when he saw that Kate breathing shortly. "Methotrexate Injection.", "What...", "He gave you a methotrexate injection.", "He did... What...?", she said, as she fainted on him, again.