Chapter 8: Holiday

"If you think you're ok, then you wouldn't mind looking at the ground, right?", said Stone, as he let go of Kate's hand. Kate just stared at the place and didn't say a word. "So, are you really ok? Or do you still-", Stone stopped as he saw tears coming down from Kate's eyes. "I'm ok...", "Hey, I didn't mean to...", said Stone, as he walked towards her. "I... I-I'm sorry.", said Kate as Stone found himself guilty. Kate just stood there, and a few moments later, started walking inside.

"Wait for me!", but she didn't say anything and kept walking. Wonder what was wrong with her? "Hey, Parker!", Stone walked up to her, holding her hand. She looked at him and smiled. "Such a small world it is, isn't it?", said Kate, as her eyes turned red. "Infinity?", "No, it's still me.", said Kate.

The next morning, she had to continue school so she got ready and went to school. "You know, you can skip school if you want.", asked Cody, concerned. "It's ok. I must do this, to get a degree.", she said, still sad.

She reached school and walked up to her locker, taking her books out. She saw a picture of her and Sasha. "I miss you, please, come back.", "Hey, where's Sasha?", asked a boy, who knew they were best friends. "She went somewhere, far from here.", "You must be sad.", asked the boy. "Leave her alone!", said Caleb from behind. "Kate, it's ok.", "Y-Yeah, I... Know...", she said, sadly.

After a long day at school, Kate and Caleb were home. "Hey, Kate. How was your day at school?", asked Steve. "I'm not the only one who went to school. Even Caleb did so ask the same question to him as well.", said Kate rudely, before she went to her room and locked the door. "God, I've upset her.", said Steve. "It's ok.", said Cody from behind. "How was your day, Caleb?", "It was good, but seeing her so sad, it was heartbreaking.", said Caleb, as he went to his room.

At night, after having dinner, everyone went to their room and slept. Steve got up to get water and saw Kate in the backyard. She was sitting next to Sasha's spot. "Kate?", he said slowly, "What are you doing here at night?", asked Steve. She just looked at Steve and disappeared into thin air. "Kate? Oh my god, Kate where are you?", he said before spotting Kate inside the house.

"How did you randomly disappear?", "What do you mean?", said Kate, leaving Steve surprised. "You were outside right now!", "Steve,", said Kate, holding his hand. "Please tell me you're not seeing people like I am.", "W-What? You can see people?", asked Steve. "I see Sasha sometimes. And I think it's just my mind, or maybe I'm going crazy. Seeing whom you want to see, you know.", she said before leaving him awestruck.

"I'm not going crazy, am I?", asked Steve before he went to his room. "Steve,", said Kate, before he left, "I'm sorry for the way I behaved with you.", "It's okay Kate. I upset you, and I am sorry for that.", he said.

"But, um, there's something I've been meaning to tell you guys.", she said, nervously, and Steve noticed it. "It's ok, you can always talk to me if you want to.", he said assuring Kate with a heart-melting smile. "So... I, um, have been seeing things. Like, I see and talk to Sasha, l-like she never left. She...-", and Kate stopped there, as if she was forced to stop. "Oh god, I don't know what to say.", and she ended up crying. "I miss her, she wasn't supposed to leave right?", "Hey, hey it's ok.", said Steve as he calmed her down.

Stone was standing aside all this time, saying nothing. "I will make sure, that it stops happening to you. I can't even imagine something that creepy! That too, to you!", said Steve. "I-I didn't mean to... I mean I didn't want any of this to happen, I'm sorry!", "No, no Kate! You don't have to be sorry. Just please stop crying, before I start crying.", he said, as Kate smiled a bit.

The next morning, Steve said everything to the others. "Kate, we will get to the bottom of this!", assured Cody. "Ok, everyone,", said Stone clearing his throat. "I have an announcement to make.", "What is it?", asked Caleb curiously. "Before everyone gathered here, me and Miss. Parker decided, that you three should be sent away for two weeks so that I can give special training to Miss. Parker. And to be sure, we both, have decided this.", "Wait, what?", asked Cody, "But how can you decide just like that?", "Cody...", "No you can't do this!", "Cody just hear what he's-", "But why would you want-", "Cody!", said Caleb and Steve.

"What? He can't do that!", "Please Cody, it's more like meditation to me. For me at least, please?", said Kate. "Ok, but promise me... You'll keep her safe.", "I most certainly will. I give you, my word.", said Stone. As the three packed their bags, Cody pulled Kate aside. "Promise me, no stupid adventures.", "He's the guide Cody, and I follow the instructions, don't I?", she said, as they hugged each other.

After they left, Kate turned towards Stone. "So, from where do we start, Professor?", "Wear this.", said Stone handing out a completely black robe, with a cape-like structure at its back. "Um, what is this?", "Your regular uniform, to attend my classes.", "Please tell me this is a joke.", "I don't remember using the term 'joke'. Read the instructions, carefully.", said Stone, looking serious. "Ok, sir!", said Kate, nervously.

Although it was just a phrase to get her mind off the incident, she still got her mind off it, and the phrase seemed to work. She wore the dress and read the list of instructions to follow for two weeks. It was just two weeks but the list of instructions lasted two pages. It was mainly about doing what Stone asked her to and taking important notes. But one word was in capital letters, thrice in size than any other word, and written in bold, 'RESPECT your teacher'.

After a few days, when she went to Stone for her lessons, in that very traditional but old-looking black costume. She looked like she stepped out of Harry Potter's set. Stone wasn't there, so she waited for him. She spotted a crow in that room.

"Hiya, miss!", said the crow, in a British accent "What-", Kate was about to scream when the crow said, "Before you get to scream, mademoiselle,", he said, but now, in a French accent, "I'm made by Senor Stone.", "I can see that.", she said making a weird face. "Well, Signorina. Parker,", he said, as Kate stood there, trying to guess the language, "Signor. Stone didn't tell you one thing. Perhaps you can see that yourself,", said the crow, "Vero?", he said in Italian, pointing at the table next to Kate.