Chapter 15: Championship

It was the hooded man, Oliver. Though his face was covered up with a mask, and only his eyes were visible, he seemed young enough, by his voice, height, and gestures. "You're 18?", "20. But why do you care?", he continued in a French accent, "Your only concern is, why you waited here for me?", "I wasn't waiting. I just came here to get some air.", "Maybe, or maybe not. You and I, both know that you were waiting here for me.", "I was. To talk to you and ask you, what do you want?", asked Stone, as Oliver removed his mask.

His face was full of scratches. Stone looked at the scratches, as he came closer to Oliver. "The scratches,", he continued, "Sword or fencing?", he asked, with a face, he never made before, a voice that never came out of his throat. It was his concern. Oliver scoffed, sadly, and said, "Fencing,", he continued, "All this is my father's doings.", he said as tears dropped down his cheeks. "But no one cares. And I am here to fulfil his wish, 'just' to make him proud,", he continued, sharing his grief with Stone.

"James Parker,", he said sadly, as Stone remembered it was Kate and Cody's father, "Tortured my father, in high school-", "You are doing all this because James Parker teased your father in high school?", "He ruined his life!", he said as he cried more. "So says my father, Olivander.", "Oliver, and Olivander?", said Stone, as he reconsidered what he was about to say, "Matching names, quite smart.", said Stone.

"Easy to remember as well.", said Stone, as Oliver smiled. "I'm sorry. But, change town! As soon as possible because if my father comes here, he shall kill you. Not just you, but the belle fille. He wants to kill her and her frère! Change town...", he said, jumping through the fence and disappearing into the bushes.

"Brother, I see.", he continued, talking to himself. "He wants to kill the Parkers.", "Who are you talking to?", asked Cody. He had woken up by the sound of the bushes. "You saw?", "Saw what?", asked Cody, because he hadn't seen anything. Stone suddenly thought of something and said, "What was I doing?", "What? I didn't see anything.", said Cody. "That's sad for me. Because I sleepwalk, sometimes.", he said as Cody just stared with a weird and confused look. "No one can know.", "Ok...", said Cody with a weird look, went off to bed, and Stone knew Cody wouldn't open his mouth.

The next day, everyone woke up at 10 am with some noises outside. "Who's making that noise?", asked Steve, as he came out of his room. Then Caleb came out of his room, yawned, and asked the same question. "It seems like someone's fighting.", said Cody, as they both went outside, in the backyard.

They spotted Kate and Stone. They were having a sword fight, and Kate fought fiercely. "Who taught you that? It's so amazing!", "Well, this is all 'Professor' Stone's doing.", said Kate. Stone heard her words, whilst they continued fighting, and remembered Oliver. But soon forgot of him, and started fighting again.

After 5 minutes, they finished fighting and headed to the kitchen area for breakfast. "This is so good, where did you learn, Stone?", asked Steve, "I made it.", said Kate, as everyone stared at her, as Stone didn't show any expression, but continued with his breakfast. "Wait. You made it?", "Yes. Why?", "Never mind.", said everyone, as they had their breakfast, meanwhile Stone didn't say anything and just continued eating. This showed that he wasn't interested.

In the afternoon, Stone taught Sword fighting to Cody, Caleb, and Steve. "It seems easy, but it isn't.", said Cody. "Someone, I know, said that.", said Stone, as Kate and Stone looked at each other. "You'll learn it, guys. It won't be easy until you enjoy it. You have to swish your hand in the air and feel the cold breeze of the wind.", said Kate.

They all enjoyed learning how to use a sword. "When are we using guns?", asked Caleb as everyone turned to him, confused and obvious by the thought that they weren't using guns. "No guns? That's lame.", he said as everyone headed inside to freshen up and rest for some time.

They all freshened up and did random stuff. Caleb and Steve were playing chess, Cody was reading a book, Stone was preparing dinner and Kate was helping Stone. "What is that?", asked Kate pointing to the spice kept beside him. It was cinnamon, but of course, she didn't know that because, to her, it looked like cardamom. "It's cinnamon.", "Oh.", she said, jumbled by their names. It was soon dinner time, and they all sat at the table. "Hmm! It's too good!", exclaimed Steve, "It is indeed.", said Caleb, nodding his head. "Wow. What is it called?", asked Cody.

"It's called...", continued Stone, trying to remember the name, "Roasted sweet potato cinnamon soup.", he said, as everyone stared at him in awe. "That's a long term for a name, isn't it?", said Steve, as they all continued eating. "I also have an announcement to make.", said Stone, as everyone paused to hear him out. "The day after tomorrow, we will have a sword conflict. More like a championship.", "We haven't learned yet, we got more to learn.", said Caleb, "True.", said Steve, supporting Caleb's answer.

"If we learn till the day after tomorrow, maybe we can take part in it, right?", said Cody, as Caleb and Steve stared at him, giving an expression to stop talking. "Maybe,", continued Stone, "And maybe not.", continued Kate before Stone. "I mean, it's only us, isn't it?", "It's your call now.", he said, to the three. "I say yes.", continued Cody, "We practice tomorrow and fight the day after tomorrow.", he explained, and it motivated Caleb and Steve to join too.