Chapter 19: Time to know the Truth

Everyone read the letter and stood there in shock. "How can he do that? Is he still upset by the fact that I stabbed him?", asked Cody. "No, he said he was fine. But why did he just... Disappear?", said Kate. "Hey, guys. I need you to see this.", said Caleb, as he pointed to a broken tile near the bed. Steve opened the tile, and they found 3 letters in it. "Oh no...", Kate muttered to herself.

"These letters... They are written to...", continued Steve, "Samantha Parker.", said Cody, before Steve could answer. "That is your mother?", asked Caleb, pointing to a picture. The girl in the picture looked like Kate, but older than her, and her hair was longer. "That's...", continued Kate, identifying the girl in the picture, "Our mother.", she said, as everyone, but Kate, stood there, confused, thinking how Stone knew their mother and Kate knew she had to tell everything.

"Guys, it's time you know the truth...", she said, as all the faces turned towards Kate. "Samantha Parker...", she started, and went on and on, telling the whole story. "But, why didn't he send the letters?", asked Cody. "She was already dead by that time.", she said, as everyone understood.

"But what I don't get is...", she continued, "Why did Stone just... Leave?", she said, as everyone started thinking for an answer. "I have no idea why, but I do know one thing, which you all don't.", said Cody. Everyone then turned to Cody, and their faces screamed 'We need answers!'.

"I saw him, in the backyard. Sitting all alone.", he continued, "And I heard another man as well.", he then said, as Kate knew it was Oliver, but as she promised, she didn't say a word. "Oh. Who was that man?", asked Steve, as Kate cleared her throat. "I don't know, I didn't see his face.", "Too bad.", "We should stop thinking about him.", suggested Caleb, as everyone started to accept Caleb's opinion.

It was soon afternoon, and everyone started practising. They knew that they couldn't pretend like Stone ever existed, especially Kate. She was with Stone for two weeks and had gotten used to him. She couldn't get him out of her mind and couldn't focus on practising. "Something on mind?", asked Caleb. She just stared at him, and Caleb felt awkward. "What?", "You just spoke like Stone.", she said, nodding her head.

"You really got used to him, didn't you?", "Of course...", she said as Steve and Cody turned to her. "Not... Well, kind of...", "You can just say, you are interested in him.", said Cody, as Caleb and Steve just awkwardly stared at each other, and smirked. The awkward silence was back once again. "I am NOT interested in anyone here.", "Really?", asked Caleb. "What do you mean?", "I once saw you both, talking in the backyard. It didn't look like one of your usual talks.", "So, you were eavesdropping?", asked Kate.

"Technically, yes, Kate.", said Caleb. "I was there too.", added Steve. "You can't just eavesdrop!", "Sorry, but we didn't know you set the rules here.", said Caleb, as he went inside. "Guys, I'm sorry! But it's not what it looks like... Believe me!", "Sorry, Kate.", said Cody, as Cody and Steve headed inside.

It was so, that three months had already passed by and they were still living in the cottage, like it was just a matter of time. Then one day, it was 6:00 pm, and Cody started preparing dinner. He was almost done by 7:30 p.m. when Kate came to him. "I am... Going downtown. And before you say anything, I assure you, I'll be fine, I promise!", she said, "I never said no, Kate. You can go, but be early, ok?", "Oh, my god! Ok! Sure! Bye!", she said, as she left.

She went to the metro station, which was all quiet and lonely, and she was hoping to bump into Stone. But she bumped into someone else. It was Oliver, holding a sword. "I forgot my sword, so this isn't a fair game, Oliver.", "It never was.", he said, as he charged towards Kate. She got ready to fight and was just about to punch him in the face when someone else did that for her.