Chapter 26: Christmas

"Where do you think you're going?", asked Cody. "I told you; I have some very, indeed very, important work.", "Wow. Like we're going to believe you.", "But I do have work. And it's-", "Nah-ah! Not hearing a word!", "Let me go alone!", whispered Kate. "I heard you, young lady.", "I am a lady now...", said Kate softly and scoffed, "Hey! Mind your tongue!", said Cody, "Let her go alone Cody!", said Caleb and Steve. "Yes! Listen to them!", said Kate and Stone.

It looked like Cody was a monkey in the middle. But he sure was persistent. And so, Kate had to go with Stone. Everyone grabbed their coats and phones. Caleb grabbed the car keys. "Where do you think you're taking those?", asked Stone. "I have to go to the cinema. So, I gotta drive man.", "No need, I'll drive.", said Stone, as he took the keys from his hands.

"No! Damn, no fun now!", "You might crash into someone, can't take risk.", said Cody, "You too?! What a buzzkill!", "Our destinations are the same, so I'm driving.", said Stone. "What about Steve and Cody?", "They can teleport.", said Stone and Kate. "Can I drive?", asked Kate. "No.", said Stone coldly. "Wow... Expected.", she said, as she got in the car.

The three soon reached NYC and dropped Caleb off. "I'll take a cab home, guys! Enjoy! Bye!", he said as he got off. "So, where to?", asked Stone. "I thought you would know?", she said, as Stone gave her an awkward look. "I'm joking! You should've seen your face.", she said.

Stone just rolled his eyes, and asked again, "Where to? And answer correctly.", "Ok... Any nearest carnival.", "Ok, let's go.", he said, and off they went to their destination.

It was colourful and beautiful. There were many games, and Kate wanted to play all of them, especially the ones with prices. "Ooh! Let's play this game.", "Not interested.", "I wasn't asking!", she said, and grabbed Stone's hand and started playing.

She liked playing these games but didn't know how to aim the things she wanted. She knew Stone would've done it, and so, she started her master acting. "Well, looks like I don't know how to aim... So, no price tonight...", she said, as Stone didn't pay attention to her words, but just looked here and there.

"I wish I knew how to aim!", she said loudly, but Stone didn't hear anything. The owner of the aim game heard her and understood the assignment. "Well miss, if you want to play, you have to know how to aim. It's an Aim-Game!", he said, and Stone heard him, but didn't say anything.

"Oh god... Let's just leave.", she said, hoping Stone would do something. Then suddenly, Stone grabbed Kate's hand, and started aiming the rings at everything, and didn't miss! "Uh...", the game vendor was confused, and Kate was amazed.

"Keep all the gifts in the car, and let's go to another stall.", said Stone, as Kate did exactly what he said. By the time they went to multiple stalls, it was almost 9:45 p.m. "Wow! Look at that Gingerbread house! Let's go there!", "It's late, so we should go home.", "Come on! It's only a 5-minute tour! Please...", said Kate, and Stone had no choice but to say yes.

"Wow! There are so many things here!", she said, pointing towards the decorations. "Yes...", said Stone, still looking here and there. Then suddenly, Kate spotted something, and before Stone could look at her, she ran towards it. "Kate! Stop!", said Stone, but he had lost sight of her since there were many people.

He spotted her, after a few seconds, and ran towards her. "What were you-", "Mistletoe...", she said, in awe. "Woah... Mistletoe.", said Stone. They had never seen such a beautiful mistletoe. "Wait... Mistletoe...", said Stone, remembering something.

"You both are standing under a mistletoe!", said an old lady from behind. "What does that mean?", asked Kate, and Stone knew what was coming. "It means... Well...", she said, as Kate stood there, confused. Her eyes widened, her face fell open, and her mind went blank, as she remembered what Stone remembered. Stone knew this was it. He grabbed Kate's hand, willing to run away, but Kate just stood there.