Chapter 54: Again, and Again and Again

It was soon morning, and Kate woke up early, surprisingly. She found out that she'd been sleeping on Caleb's shoulder the whole time! With her hands still around Caleb's neck, she looked at Caleb, who was still asleep, and their faces were inches apart, then suddenly, Stone came to them with coffee.

"Wake up everyone.", he said, as she saw Kate looking at Caleb. "Kate,", continued Stone, as Kate backed off, "Coffee?", he asked, as Kate nodded and he handed the coffee over to Kate. "You okay?", he asked, "Yeah... It's just the headache-", "Want a massage?", asked Stone, as Kate laughed softly. "Professor Stone, knows how to give a massage? Impressive!", said Kate, as Stone massaged her head.

Kate felt a lot better after having her coffee, and the massage. She kept the cup on the table, which stood beside Caleb, and put her hands around Stone's neck and her head on his shoulder. "Are you going to sleep again?", "I told you... I feel sleepy after having coffee.", "I see, Miss. Parker...", said Stone, as she slept quietly.

After some time, she woke up to some sounds. It was the sound of some people having a conversation loudly and there were noises of crying too. "What's happening?", asked Kate, as she lifted her head to see, but Stone got in the way. "You don't have to see that...", "Why? Is it something...", then suddenly, Kate felt dizzy and put her head on his shoulder again. "Never mind...", she said.

"You okay?", "I'm fine...", she continued, but fell asleep again. She woke up to the sounds again and wanted to see what was actually going on. She looked up, but Stone got in her way, again. "Please Stone, let me at least have a look...", she insisted, as Stone gave in. "What you're about to see, is really painful.", warned Stone, as Kate saw what was happening.

She saw a woman, who sat on the floor and was crying, with a small kid in her hand. She had blood all over her dress, and her husband sat beside her, consoling her. She then got to know, that the child in her hand, was her son, who got into an accident. They rushed him to the hospital, but unfortunately, he passed away on the way.

Kate pressed Stone's hand tightly, and Stone knew, she had to look away now. He covered her eyes with his hand and put her head back to his shoulder. "It's okay... Don't think about it.", he said, as Kate closed her eyes, and tried to brush off the thought that she just saw another body. "Stone...", "Yeah?", "I don't feel so good...", she said softly, as she closed her eyes.

Stone put his hand on Kate's forehead, and it was warm. "I'll get a thermometer... Just stay here, okay?", said Stone, as Kate nodded. Kate felt dizzy and so, she tried to think of something which distracted her. "Happy thoughts... Happy thoughts...", she said to herself. She knew something was coming and rushed to the restroom.

On her way, she bumped into someone and held her head tightly. "Oh, my gosh, baby girl! Are you alright?", it was Stacy! "I don't think so...", said Kate, as she swayed in the air. Stacy helped her to the restroom, and Kate vomited. It was blood, again, and again, and again. "You just vomited blood! Wait here, I'll call your friends...", but she just held Stacy's hand tightly, and shook her head.

"It's okay, Kate, I'll get your friends.", "No...", she said softly, before falling on the floor, still conscious. Then suddenly, a girl entered the restroom, and Stacy demanded her to get a nurse. "I got you... I got you, okay? You'll be fine...", she said, making Kate feel comfortable.