Chapter 34: Natasha's Past

"She's been in therapy, but I think she's still the same. You saw how she attacked...", said Caleb, with no expression, but tears in his eyes, as he stood there. "What did she do to you?", asked Stone, as Kate and Caleb turned to Stone. "You don't want to know, Stone...", "But I do...", he said, as Kate, just looked at her again. "Natasha.", she said, as Caleb sobbed.

5 years ago...

Natasha was the sweetest girl, anyone had ever met. Just like Cody and Kate, Natasha and Caleb were inseparable... "Caleb, look! I made a sand castle! And it's huge!", said Natasha, "Wow! This is even better than mine! Please teach me, teacher!", said Caleb.

Caleb and Natasha would always joke around, but as time passed, Natasha grew slightly distant. Everyone knew the reason. Their mother, who was brilliant in math, was a mathematician and would travel here and there. Her last destination, was a nearby city, Brooklyn. She was travelling by her car, and she pressed the accelerator too hard, that the car fell off the bridge, she was driving on. People say, it was a drunk-and-drive incident, or maybe, she wanted to die... But Caleb's family believed that it was just an accident.

"Let's play chess, Nat!", "Uhm, no thank you! I'm 13! It would be best if you grew up too, you're 14 for a reason.". She would say everything she could, to stay away from Caleb, after the incident. She partially believed that Caleb was the reason. No one knew why. But everyone knew Caleb would never do such a thing. And that too, to his own mother!

As time passed by, Natasha became even more distant and started partying every day. "Natasha... You're 13! Have some shame! Partying all night is not good for you!", said Caleb's father. "I don't care! I want to party, and I WILL party!", "You're grounded for 1 month! Go to your room.", "Stop me if you can, you old man!", she said, as she went out of the house.

Soon, after a few days, Caleb started going to school and forgot about the 'everyday fuss' at home, since it was a habit now. Caleb soon met Kate, and they became friends very quickly. "Kate! Let's play chess!", "Of course! Let's go!", she said, as they played chess.

After 3 years, Kate and Caleb became great friends, but Natasha got worse. "Natasha! You spent $1,000 on waste! Why would you do that?", "I just used it for good! Gosh, get a life!", she said, "I've had enough of you.", "So have I, daddy!", she said, as Natasha's dad got up in rage, and slapped her in the face!"

"How dare you?!", "Shut up, and go to your room!", he said, as she got angry, and stormed out of there. Wow, Caleb! That is a beautiful bracelet you made!", said Kate, as the two walked to Caleb's doorsteps. "Oh, thanks... It's for you.", he said, handing the bracelet to Kate.

"YOU!", screamed Natasha. "Natasha, what're you doing here?", asked Caleb, "Oh, hey Natasha! How are-", "Shut up, you witch! You stole my brother!", she screamed. "What does she-", "Natasha! What do you mean?!", "She stole you from both of us! Oh, I can't forget Dad, so that makes the three of us.", she said, as Kate and Caleb were confused.

"Excuse me, what?", "Yes! Me, mom, and dad!", she said, as Kate and Caleb turned to each other. "Uhm, Caleb...", said Kate, "I have to go.", she said, as she grabbed her backpack, and left. "That little witch! I swear, if I see her in this house again I'll-", "Do what?", interrupted Caleb.