Chapter 60: Busy

Kate looked like she was about to blast, so the others backed off. She was still in her senses and decided to talk to them. She came to the ground, her eyes went normal, and she looked at the 4, who were shocked. She had to be straightforward, and the station was coming soon too. "Leave,", she continued, as the train stopped at the station, "Me,", the doors of the train opened, "Alone.", she said as she grabbed her backpack, and got out, leaving the 4 in complete shock.

They tried to stop her, but before they could do anything, the doors closed, and they were trapped inside, while Kate ran for her life. Steve teleported them to the station, but Kate was gone already. "Dang it! We had one chance!", said Cody, as he kicked his leg against a pillar. Kate reached to her workplace, wore an apron, and got to work.

She had a late shift that night and got home late. She soon reached home and fell to her bed. "Today... Was really, REALLY unexpected.", she said, as she closed her eyes, to rest herself. "Is that so?", said a voice from beside. She got up as quickly as possible, and to her horror, found Stone standing there. "I won't harm you.", "You will abduct me.", "Maybe...", he said.

Kate looked at the door, which was a little far away from her. She decided to spring at it but was stopped short by Stone as he came near her. Kate felt something weird as he came near her. "Feeling dizzy?", "No, I...", she said, as she knew Stone was doing something. "My perfume... Is enough for someone to faint. Except me of course", he said, as he sat beside Kate, and she closed her eyes, and downed her head.

"I'm kidnapping you.", he said. "You don't know why I did this... So don't...", she continued, as she looked at Stone, "Don't do this...". Stone put her hand on Kate's face, and she felt warm, and so did he. "Please, Kate... I would LOVE to hear why you ran away.", "I wanted to...", she continued, as Stone came near her. "To...", but she just fainted on him.

Stone felt like thousands of needles poked him in his heart. He stayed still for a while and lifted Kate. "I don't know why you did this, but I also don't want to ruin whatever 'it' is for you...", he said, as he put her to bed, and tucked her in. He looked at her for a while, and then disappeared into thin air, leaving nothing but black dust behind.

The next morning, Kate woke up, and found her in her room, tucked to bed. She had forgotten everything about last night and didn't think about it much. "I'm late... Again.", she said, as she sighed and got up to go to work. She decided to take the metro, again, but surprisingly, everything went well. She was wearing a coat, with a black cap, and sunglasses, so that she wouldn't be recognized.

She ran to her workplace, just to find her boss, standing in front of her. "Any excuses this time, Miss. Katie Thomas?", asked her boss. It was now obvious for her to change her name, just in case... "I'm so sorry, I forgot I had an early shift, again...", she said, as her boss excused her, with another warning.

Kate worked in a café, which was not so popular but paid well enough. She worked as a waitress but expected a raise and a promotion way too fast. She worked all day long and reached home late. She then got another crazy idea. "Let's celebrate...", it occurred to her, that she hadn't enjoyed a day, ever since she escaped.

She put on a fancy dress, which she had bought a few days ago, and set off for the nightclub, and by nightclub, she went to 'The Nightclub', in which she had met the cool waiter. "Waits!", she immediately recognized the waiter and walked up to him. "Hey! How're you doing?", "I'm fine! And I see you're fine too~ Now, get me the drink you got me previously, will you?", "Well, I guess... But your friends won't be mad, will they?", he asked, "I ran away man...", she said, as she stupidly nodded her head.

"Alrighty then! Getting you the previously-had drinks!", he said, as Kate laughed. She had more than 3 drinks and danced her heart out. A few moments later, a boy around her age walked up to her. "Hey, wanna dance?", "Thank you in advance, I don't wanna dance... Hic!", she got a hiccup. "I guess...", said the boy, as he walked away awkwardly. Just then, someone grabbed Kate by her waist, and Kate was left completely speechless when she saw...