Chapter 41: Wake Up to Reality

Stone closed his eyes, as Kate frantically moved here and there, and he got into her mind. Stone was right, she was dreaming, and he was in it, where she was fighting Natasha, Oliver, a bunch of Blemmyes, and a dead Sasha. "Kate!", called out Stone. "Stone! Oh, Thank god, you're-", "Wake up!", he said, as Kate got confused.

"What do you mean wake up?! We must fight, before we die!", she said, as Stone just grabbed her head, put both his fingers on her head, and made her see everything in under 1 minute. "So... I'm dreaming...", she said, "If we die here, we die in real life.", he said, as Kate turned to him with surprise and confusion.

"This is all up to you now. Just take a deep breath, and focus.", he said, as Kate did the same. "Focus, and stop dreaming.", he said. The moment she did the same, she felt a rage of power in her body, and she immediately woke up and gasped for air.

"Hey! I got you...", said Cody, as she breathed normally. Cody came near to hug her, but she pushed him away slowly. "Kate?", he called out, but she just shook her head, and ran to the bathroom. Meanwhile, Steve came home, and Stone woke up too. "Where's Kate?", asked Steve and Stone. "Bathroom...", he said slowly, "She ran there...", he said in confusion.

Just then, they heard someone vomit. "She must've felt sick.", said Stone, "Why?", asked Cody, "Dream travelling.", he said, as Steve stared at them in confusion. She came back, as she wiped her mouth. She used the door of her room as support, and stayed there for a few seconds, feeling dizzy. "Cody, help her.", gestured Stone, to Cody, as Cody went to her and helped her to her bed. "Kate... It's okay. We got you.", said Stone, as she sat on the bed, her back supported by the bed, her head down, and her eyes, closed.

"Is she going to be okay?", asked Steve. "Yes.", "I'm still confused... What happened?", asked Steve, as Cody took him outside in the backyard, to explain everything. "Stone, make sure she's okay.", said Cody, as Stone nodded his head. "Are you okay, Kate?", asked Stone, as Kate said nothing, but just looked at Caleb, with dizzy eyes.

"I'm... Fine...", she said softly, and weakly. "You know, you can-", "I'm fine, Stone!", she said, as she put a lot of effort in her tone. She looked weak and pale. She was feeling dizzy and was about to fall down the bed when Stone caught her just in time. "Hey, I got you.", he said, as he noticed Kate close her eyes, and breathe slowly.

He put her on the bed and sat beside her. "What happened to...", she wanted to say something but was too weak. "Caleb?", asked Stone, as she nodded slowly. "He used too much of his power, and he fainted.", "Why did he...", "To help you...", said Stone, as Kate turned to Caleb, with tears in her eyes.

Caleb, who was still unconscious, turned to Kate in his sleep, and Kate closed her eyes. Stone gently put his hand on her head and brushed a strand of hair from her face. "It'll be fine.", he said, as he went outside to Steve and Cody. He spotted them in the backyard and went to them.

"She was in control.", said Stone, as the two turned to him. "Of who?", asked Steve. "Oliver.", said Cody softly. "Oliver controlled her, didn't he?", said Cody, as Stone nodded her head. "He controlled her the day Sasha called, and even Natasha said someone controlled her.", said Stone.

"Natasha fainted, and she woke up, in control of someone else, but her.", he said. "Does that mean... Caleb is in control of...", continued Cody, as they all looked at each other, with the realization, that Caleb was in control of someone, right now.