Chapter 51: Weird

"You're joking.", "Maybe... Maybe not?", she said, as she went to the kitchen to get some water. As she was filling her glass of water, she sensed something wrong. "Am I having... Spidey senses?", she asked herself, "There's some strange smell coming from...", she stopped, as she saw the stove's knob open.

"No, no, no!", she said, as she closed the knob. "I have to get everyone out of here.", "What's taking so long?", asked Stone, as he came inside, and smelled something weird. "The knob was on! Who did it?", she asked, as he stared in complete shock. "We have to get everyone out, as soon as possible.", he said, looking tense.

"Wow, lucky guess. That's what I was thinking.", she said, as she scoffed, "Let's get them out.", said Stone. "I'll get Steve and Cody, you get Caleb." said Kate, "WAIT!" Stone stopped Kate, remembering that Cody was unwell and in the room, and Kate didn't know that.

"What?!", asked Kate. "You get Caleb, I'll get the two of them.", he said, as Kate went to get Caleb. "Caleb...", she went to his room and saw him sleeping. "Caleb!", she called out, as he didn't wake up. "CALEB!", she screamed, as he woke up. "What in the name of sleep!", he said, as he woke up. "We HAVE to leave!", she said, as Caleb got confused, but the two came out of the room.

"What's with the funny smell?", "We don't got time for this buddy, so let's leave.", said Kate, as Caleb shrugged, and the two left the cottage. They all were outside. Kate saw Cody, who was lying on a chair, outside the cottage.

"When did he get back?", asked Kate, as the three looked at each other. They knew it was time for Kate to know the truth. "Cody fainted in the backyard.", "What?", she said in shock. "It was around 4 pm.", said Steve, "It's nearly 7 pm now! And you guys didn't bother telling me?", "Well...", continued Caleb, "We knew you would act like how you're acting right now.", he said, as Kate calmed down. After all, they were telling the truth.

"Okay, whatever... Caleb can heal him... Can't he?", she said, as Caleb nodded, and shook his head at the same time. "What're you trying to do?", she asked, as she sighed. "Okay... Let's just take him to the hospital.", said Kate, as Steve and Stone agreed. "Isn't that risky?", asked Caleb. "No.", the three said together.

They all got in the car. Steve, Caleb, and Cody on the backseat, and Kate and Stone on the front seat. Stone was driving, while Kate put the location in her phone. Meanwhile, Cody slept peacefully, and Caleb and Steve looked after him. "He's really hot.", "I understand he's good looking, but you don't have to say that man.", said Caleb, "I meant, that he has a high fever.", said Steve with a weird look on his face, and Caleb looked away.

"He'll be okay, won't he?", asked Kate, and Stone nodded. They soon reached the hospital, and Cody was taken to a room. Steve and Caleb were with him, just in case, and Stone and Kate sat outside. The doctor told them it was only a high fever, and there was nothing to worry about, but little did the doctor know, how messed up their lives were.

Steve and Caleb stayed with Cody, once again, and Kate and Stone went out for a walk. "You had a high fever too... How're you feeling now?", asked Stone, "I'm fine... I'm fine...", she said, as she coughed. "Blood stains?", asked Stone, "Still there.", said Kate. "Wanna grab a coffee? We might have to stay up all night.", "I guess...", she said, as they went to the nearest café.

They got a coffee each, and got a seat each. "You know...", continued Kate, as she stirred her coffee, and took a sip, "I'm allergic to coffee.", she said, as Stone looked at her with a slightly shocked look. He was about to snatch her coffee from her, when she laughed. "I'm not! I'm not...", "Yeah, right.", "You're really naive.", "No?", said Stone, as he made a weird face.

"I'm not allergic to coffee, I just feel sleepy when I drink coffee.", she said, "People feel energetic when they drink coffee.", "It's the opposite for me though.", she said, as she sipped her coffee. "So... You just faint anywhere, after drinking coffee...", "I said I feel SLEEPY, Stone, not DIZZY!", she said, as she scoffed, and smiled.