Chapter 59: Moving Out

"Tyler... Wake up man, we dosed off at night...", said Kate as she woke up, and shaked Tyler. "I'm up! I'm up!", he said. The two freshened up and made their way to the table for breakfast. "Toast?", "Sure.", Tyler offered a toast to Kate. "I found a place...", "Wow, nice, where is it?", asked Tyler, as Kate went silent. "I can't tell you, because you'd know too.", "Duh! I will if you tell me.", he said with an obvious look.

"I don't want that... Just in case, those guys try to find me, which they will of course, and come here, which they will for sure, they'll ask you about my whereabouts... Stone can even hypnotise-", she stopped short because she realized that Tyler didn't know about the five having powers. "Hypnotise? What is he, a magician? Yeah, right!", "Well, kinda. But I can't tell you.", "I understand... When are you leaving then?", "Now.", "Now? Why now?", "They might track me.", "Okay, nice meeting you, old friend.", "I'll visit you once in a five years!", "Of course you will!", said Tyler, as they laughed.

Kate grabbed her stuff, and set off to her so-called 'whereabouts'. She reached there by the night and was thrilled. It was a small apartment, which was across the street. It was too small to even be noticed from afar. "As small as can be.", she said, as she kept her stuff. Some people lived beside her flat and were surprisingly kind.

A boy lived next to her, who was around her age. "So, how're you here?", asked the boy. "Well, I needed a place, and I found this!", "Small's cosy. Anyways, if you need anything, I'll be right here!", he said, as he turned to leave. "Wait up! What's your name?", "Name's Sam.", "Cool, I'll see you then.", she said, as she went inside, and set her things in several places. "My shift starts in 20 minutes, and I have to leave now.", she said, as she got ready, and left for her work.

She decided to work as a waitress, so no one could suspect. This continued for several days, until one fine day when Kate decided to take the metro to work. "Busy places, my god...", she said to herself, as she got on the train. The train only had 5 people including Kate. She sat on an empty seat, took out her earphones, and started playing music. She was vibing, with her earphones on, until one man, walked up to her, and took out her earphones.

"Excuse me?", she asked, as the man revealed himself, by pulling off his hood. It was Cody! "What the-", just then, the other 3 men revealed their faces, and they were none other than Stone, Steve, and Caleb. Stone walked towards her, as he pulled out his fingers, to hypnotise her. "No, no, no...", she said softly, knowing that she would get into big trouble.

She had to think of an idea, to get her out of this situation and decided to do the unthinkable. She got up, as the 4 backed off, and she pulled her hands, and flew in the air, with her powers! "Kate, don't...", warned Cody. "I'm sorry...", she said, as she attacked the 4 using her powers. "Stone, we'll cover up for you. You do your job.", said Cody, as STne nodded, and charged towards Kate.

The others kept attacking Kate using their powers. Just then, Steve appeared behind Kate and got hold of her. Before she could use her powers, Stone came near her and put his fingers on her head. Kate struggled to free herself but went silent after some time. "Is she unconscious?", asked Caleb. Then suddenly, she opened her eyes, and they were red! Her hair flew in the air, along with her, and the lights in the train started flickering!