Chapter 29: Holidaying

It was soon morning, and Kate woke up. She saw that they were in a vehicle. She got up, to see that they were travelling in the middle of nowhere! "Where are we?!", "In a jeep.", "I can see that, but where are we? LOCATION!", "Edge of New York.", "What...", she said, as she started to panic. "No, no... No, no, no, no, no, no, no!", she continued, "Stop the car! Stop the car!", "No! Are you crazy?", said, Stone, as her attempt to stop the car failed.

"Stop the car... Or I'll jump off!", she said, as Stone became angry, the tires screeched, and they stopped in the middle of nowhere. "What is your problem?!", "Where are we?!", "That's not a good question. Get back and let's go.", "I'm not...", she said out of breath. "You're not well enough, to argue, so let's go.", "I'm going, Stone I...-", "I'm not hearing anything!" he said, as he grabbed Kate's hand.

She pulled back, and held her head, feeling dizzy. Stone just scoffed and picked her up, and they went to the jeep. After a few minutes, Kate was conscious and furious. "Stop the car. I want to go home! We've escaped, so what's the problem?!", "The bad guys tracked us, and the others.", "What?", "We'll reach our destination soon. And I hope they'd already be there.", he said, as Kate sighed in relief.

They were a few minutes away when Kate saw Cody at a distance. "Cody... Cody! CODY!" she screamed, as Stone asked her to shut up, out of jealousy. Why was he SO jealous? And who was he jealous of? Cody?

"Cody!", she ran out of the car, and straight to him. "Kate... Kate! LATE!", "Huh? Late?", "They're LATE!", he said, as Steve and Caleb laughed. Kate hugged Cody as tight as she could, "I... Can't... Breathe!", struggled Cody, "Oh no! I'm so sorry!", she said, as she hugged him normally. "Stone told me everything on the phone... That Oliver guy will pay.", said Cody furiously.

"I'm so sorry...", "Why are you sorry?', asked Cody. "None of this would've happened, if I didn't want to go...", "It's not your fault Kate!" said Caleb from behind. "Yes! You can't stop 'wanting' things...", said Steve, as they all laughed.

They went to a hotel and booked a small cottage. It was almost night, when Stone went to the kitchen, to cook dinner, when he saw Kate there. He took a deep breath and went to her. She was filling water in a glass when Stone came next to her, to chop the vegetables.

"I know, you're upset, but I had no other-", he continued, as Kate just ignored him and left. Stone was heartbroken. This was the second time, someone had ever ignored him. Kate had already ignored him once. He stood there, watching her leave, a he continued chopping vegetables, for dinner.

Soon it was dinner time. Everyone gathered at the dining table, except Kate. "Where's Kate?", asked Caleb. "I'll go check.", said Cody, as he got up to check her room. "So, Stone... How was the JUNGLE trip?", asked Caleb, as he smirked. "Good,", he continued, as Caleb's eyes widened, and he got even more excited. "It was fun. Being captured and tortured.", he said as Caleb's expression changed, and he cleared his throat.

Meanwhile, Cody went to Kate's room, and saw, that she had already slept. "Kate...", he went near her and put his hand on her hand, as she turned to his side. Cody gazed at her face, and couldn't help but brush a strand of hair, from her face. "I love you, more than anything, Kate. And as a brother, I'll make sure, nothing ever harms you.", he said, as he got up and left her room.

"So, where is she?", asked Steve. "She's sleeping.", "Already?", continued Caleb, "This is a must-try dinner. You should've woken her up.", he said, "Too bad, she's going to miss it. She was really tired though...", said Steve, as they all had dinner.