Chapter 48: Another Victim

"I'm so sorry, I left her alone, and she did all that yesterday.", said Stone, as the two just stared at him awkwardly. "You did-", "Yes, and I'm sorry. Plus, she's too young to understand-", "Hey! I'm nearly 18!-", "Not an adult Kate. NOT an adult!", said Cody and Stone together. "Oh snap.", she said, as she lay down again.

"I'm sorry, once again-", "You don't have to be sorry, Stone. She didn't know it was a 'drink', and you thought she was dancing.", he said, as Stone realized, that Cody was trying to change. So, he just left without saying anything.

Just then, Caleb entered. "Look Cody-", "If you're giving a speech, then don't, because Stone just gave one, and I told him it's okay. She didn't know, and you didn't know! So it's okay! Just be careful next time.", said Cody, as Caleb stared at him and Kate, and left without saying anything.

Cody just sighed, and looked at the ground for a few seconds, while Kate closed her eyes, brushing off the thought that Oliver might've controlled her again, in her dream. "Kate...", he turned to Kate, just to find her sleeping. "She must be tired.", he said, as he went outside. He sat on the chair in the backyard and closed his eyes. Soon enough, it started raining, but he didn't move.

"Cody! It's raining, get inside!", called out Steve, but Cody didn't move an inch. "Cody?", called Steve out, and still no response. Steve called Caleb, and the two grabbed an umbrella and went outside, just to find Cody unconscious. They somehow managed to get Cody inside and put him on his bed. "Oh god... What is happening?", said Steve, as Stone brought a towel. "First Kate, then Caleb, and now Cody!", said Steve. "We should be more careful.", said Stone, as Caleb checked Cody.

"Stress.", said Caleb, as Stone and Steve understood. Caleb asked the two to go outside, whilst he checked Cody, and the two came outside to talk. "It might be you or me next.", said Stone, as Steve nodded his head. "Who do you think is doing all this?", "Oliver.", said Stone. "We should be more careful. And by more, I mean MORE, more, careful.", said Steve, as Stone agreed to Steve's point.

Caleb called Steve to help him, and Stone decided to check on Kate. He saw her sleep, and his heart raced for some reason. He went near her and touched her forehead, which was slightly warm. He checked the time on his watch when he felt a hand on his. "Kate...", he said, as Kate smiled at him. He brushed a strand of her hair and rubbed her cheek.

"I'm glad you're fine.", "Really?", she asked, as she coughed, and covered her mouth with her hand. She removed it, to find a little blood on it. She quickly hid it, before Stone could see it. But, Stone had seen it. "Why are you covering your hand?", he asked, as Kate just shook her head and said it was nothing.

Stone took her hand slowly and saw blood on it. "Are you sure you're okay? You don't seem okay, because you vomited blood 4 times, Kate.", he said, as he looked sad. "I love red.", she said, as Stone looked in the other direction. "Seriously? Red?", he asked, as he turned to her. "Well, no one is THAT concerned here. So... Why is it bothering you that much?", she asked, as Stone blushed. "Aw! Daddy's-", "Don't call me that." said Stone, looking serious.

"Stone! You're pretty serious. Well, you should know, that the only reason I tease you, is because you don't KNOW how to tease.", she said, as Stone smirked. "Is that what you think?", he said, as he came near, but the door just opened, and he came back. It was Caleb. "Steve needs your help.", said Caleb, as Stone got up. "Later, Miss. Parker.", said Stone, as Kate smiled, and said bye.