Chapter 5: Infinity

As Stone looked at Kate seriously, her eyes turned red. "Who are you looking at, 'professor',", said Kate, "Do you even know me?", she asked looking angry. Just as she was about to attack Stone, he blocked her attack, and she came to her senses. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!", she said, and ran to her room locking her door.

The very next day, she started avoiding Stone. After breakfast, he came in front of her out of nowhere, again. "Hope you're doing well, since yesterday, Miss. Parker?", asked Stone. "I, I don't know what you're talking about..." said Kate. "Of course, nothing happened, Miss. Parker, right?", said Stone, and this time, he was smiling.

This was the first time she saw him smile. Although he wasn't sure what had happened to Kate, he still tried figuring it out. It didn't take him long to know that she was being controlled, by someone, but that someone isn't a person, maybe a feeling or even a creature, like the Blemmyes. But he wasn't sure of that as well.

After dinner, Kate asked Steve, "Why are we here anyways? Why can't we stay at the apartment or the mansion?", " We are here because... Well, let me show you why,", and by saying that, he showed a video to Kate. It was a video of the apartment on fire. Two houses were on fire. They were Kate's and the one below it, which was Steve's. "It's dangerous for us to be there. So, we must stay here. And this is just the apartment, it could be the mansion. So, we had to leave", said Steve.

After everyone was asleep, Kate got up to get water. She ran into Stone, once again. "Oh my gosh, you scared me!", "I apologize, Miss. Parker.", said Stone. "What are you doing here professor?", asked Kate. "Just getting... Water.", said Stone. And then suddenly Kate's eyes turned red and she said, "Why does it always have to be you? Do you know me very well?", "No, I summoned you here.", said Stone. "Oh really,", she giggled, "Why is that so?", "Who are you? And why are you controlling her?", asked Stone.

"I have a name, you see,", she said, "I'm Infinity, and I am not from this, weird, but funny planet. I'm from a different planet. I cannot disclose it. And I can't leave this girl, I need her.", she said and gave the most obvious manipulative look ever. And Stone got angry and stopped his magic, from which he summoned her.

After the magic broke, she came to her senses and felt unstable. Her vision was blurred suddenly, and she couldn't find anything to hold, so she held Stone's hand. "Miss. Parker?", asked Stone, as she downed her head. She lifted it again and fainted on him. "Miss. Parker, could you please move?", said Stone, looking worried. "Miss. Parker! Miss. Parker!", he said, waking the others up.

"What's going on here?", asked Caleb, "Kate? Kate!", Cody rushed towards both and picked Kate up. "Kate! Wake up! What happened?", he gently put her to bed and started sprinkling water on her face. She failed to wake up. "Oh no, this is bad,", said Caleb, "Quickly, move!", he said.

"Steve, get some warm water, and Cody, get some lavenders from the garden. Make it quick!", commanded Caleb, as Stone was just staring at Kate, with suspicion on his face. "What happened to you now?", "Miss. Parker didn't tell you all, did she?", "I'm not focusing on anything right now. She might go into a coma!", said Caleb. "No, she won't.", "She might!", "As you say.", said Stone.

Caleb made Kate drink a mixture of lavender and water. She gently opened her eyes and found herself lying on the couch. "What happened here?", asked Kate "Nothing special, you fainted on Stone.", said Steve. "Ok well now I'm fine... Can we please go to sleep? I'm so sleepy!", said Kate, as everyone went to their rooms and slept.

A few days later, Sasha came to meet Kate. But Kate wasn't home, she went out to get groceries, so Cody let her sit inside as they had a small chat. "Hey, Sasha! What brings you here?", "Just wanted to see you, girl.", said Sasha. After she left, Cody asked Kate "You didn't tell her, did you?", "About what?", "About us having powers?", asked Cody, making his sentence obvious.

"Of course not! Why would I?", asked Kate. "I just thought you would, so...", said Cody. "Oh, it's ok. Happens", said Kate. "If she would get into this mess, and something would happen to her, it would be my greatest fear of all.", said Kate. Suddenly, Steve barged into the room and screamed "Caleb and Stone are fighting! You must see this!", and they went outside, to find Caleb getting hit by Stone, miserably.