Chapter 7: Kate's Greatest Fear

"She's not dead! You're lying!", she said while she cried hard. "Miss. Parker, why would I lie when-", "You're lying! You're lying!", she screamed. She wiped her tears and sat beside Sasha. "H-Hey girl! Where have you been these days... C'mon, wake up, and let's... Let's just...", and she started crying again.

She stopped after a while and got up, unstable. Stone was still looking at Sasha, trying to find a way out so that he could save her. Then suddenly, Kate felt breathless. She went to the wall of the backyard, her back towards the wall, and sat down softly. "Miss. Parker, I'm sorry to say that she might not-", he turned to find Kate, who was feeling breathless near the wall.

"Miss. Parker?", he called out to her. She got up slowly and was about to trip if she hadn't gotten her balance, but she was still breathless. Stone rushed to Kate, who completely lost her mind. "Miss. Parker! What's happening to you?", asked Stone; he was very worried. "I-I, can't breathe, I-I-", she was still unstable. "Miss. Parker, listen to me!", but she was still not in her senses. "Miss. Parker! Miss. Parker!... Kate!", and she looked towards him. "Breathe in, breathe out... ok? Breathe in, breathe out", she followed his instructions and came to her senses. "Thank you...", she said slowly and went back to Sasha, and cried her heart out as Stone got up and stood side, to give her some space.

Meanwhile, Cody, Steve, and Caleb returned home. They heard Kate screaming and crying and went to the backyard. They saw Stone, standing aside, Sasha, lying on the ground, and Kate, who was sitting beside Sasha, crying. "What's going on?", asked Caleb, quietly to Stone. "Sasha just died...", Stone whispered back. "She's dead,", said Kate, hearing the whispers, "Yes, she's dead, all right? And why is everyone so fussy about it? She's dead! And you know it, I know she's-", then suddenly she stopped, looked at all four of them, and collapsed on the ground.

"Thank you, doctor.", said Caleb. "And don't forget to give this medicine to her.", said the doctor. Kate woke up to a loud beep in the hospital. "Hmmm...", she groaned, "What had happened?", and asked quietly. "You had a panic attack,", said Cody, "I still regret the fact that I should've been there!", he said banging the table with his hand. "Easy there, calm down, Cody. Stone was there with her.", said Steve, calming Cody down. "Stone helped a lot. Thank you, Stone. I appreciate it.", said Kate. "Even I do.", said Stone.

"She can leave.", said the doctor. And so, all five left the hospital. Back at home, Kate and Stone were alone as Cody, Steve, and Caleb had gone to the pharmacy. "Are you feeling ok now?", asked Stone. "Yes, a lot. Just a bit tired though." Sasha was sent to the hospital, but Kate couldn't stop thinking about it, and Stone noticed it. "You're not ok.", "I am! I mean, I-I am...", said Kate.

"If you really are ok, then why are you holding your breath?", and with that, Kate noticed that she had been holding her breath. "I... um, I-I am ok...", "No, you're not", "Trust me!", "I got trust issues...", said Stone. "Fine! It's bothering me.", "What's bothering you?", asked Stone. "She.", "Well, who is she?", "Oh stop it, you're just acting right now.", "Well if you think I'm acting, then let's go.", and Stone grabbed her hand and led her to the backyard, to the spot where Sasha was lying that night.