Chapter 66: Dream, More Like Nightmare

"Uhm, guys?", Kate asked, but Stone and Caleb didn't respond, and just went to their tents. "Great.", whispered Kate. It was soon late in the evening. Caleb went to Kate's tent, to call her outside to discuss the current events. "What current events?", "Oliver, Olivander, and Cody and Steve leaving for business... Etc. etc-", "Well you can tell Stone I'm not interested.", "What do you mean not interested? Kate, this is very, VERY important. All these things we're doing, are very dangerous. And by danger, I mean DANGER. We're risking our lives.", said Caleb, as Kate scoffed, and the two came out of the tent.

"Now that you two are here,", continued Stone, as he laid a blueprint on the table, "We can discuss the hideouts.", "What hideouts?", "We're on the run, and since Cody and Steve are safe, and wouldn't return for at least a few months-", "Months?", asked Kate in surprise. "Months. And now, we're hiding in NYC again.", he marked a few places, where they will be staying. "These red marks are our whereabouts. No one else can know about this. NO ONE.", said Stone firmly.

"Is that it?", "Till now, yes.", "Great. I'm leaving.", "Not so fast.", said Stone, a little anger in his tone. "What do you want?", "That is no way to speak to-", "I don't care.", said Kate, as Stone scoffed. "You're going to regret saying this. Real bad.", "Mind your own business. I think you didn't understand yesterday's so-called 'lecture', Professor Stone.", "Oh, no you didn't-", but Kate just turned her back against Stone, and went inside her tent.

"What happened last night?", "None of your business.", "Uhm, very much my business. That's my best friend you were talking to.", "Well, you should ask your best friend to respect her elders.", "Oh, come on! Do you not notice it?", "What?", "She's trying to make a point! I mean, I'm younger than you, but understand her better.", he said, as Stone crept into silence. Caleb turned to leave but then stopped short. He turned to Stone again. "Shame on you.", he said.

That was when Stone snapped. "How,", he continued, as his eyes turned black, "Dare,", he came near Caleb, "You?", his voice was rather deeper. At this point, Kate didn't even care what was going on outside. She did worry about Stone hurting Caleb. But a part of her mind would feel happy if Stone got thrashed by Caleb. Only a 'part' of her mind though...

She heard a thunderclap, and the winds started blowing fast. Her tent lights went off, and she had a bad feeling about it. "Caleb?", she called out to him. She gathered up the courage and peeked outside the tent. The next thing she saw, was the most terrifying thing she ever saw, after Sasha's incident. Stone looked at Caleb, who had miserably fallen on the ground.

His eyes were black, his hands, shaking, and his breath could be heard, even in the thunder. Then, he looked at a horrified Kate out of nowhere and started walking towards her. "O-Oh my gosh. S-Stay there!", but he kept approaching her. Kate then screamed her lungs out. "AH~ GO AWAY!".

"Kate!", she gasped for air, as she started breathing heavily, as if she were having a panic attack. Turns out, she was dreaming... Again... "Hey, it's okay...", Caleb calmed her down and rubbed her hands. Her breath started to slow down and closed her eyes for a moment. She opened them again and scanned the tent. Her eyes fell on Stone, who was sitting beside her, looking slightly worried, and she screamed again and hugged Caleb tightly. "Kate, it's fine. That's not a monster! That's Stone!", but she just held him tight.