Chapter 40: High Fever

"Her forehead is as hot as a teapot on the stove!", said Caleb. Cody grabbed her hand, which was really hot. "Why do such things happen to her?", he said, as Steve went to Stone's room. "Any sign of Kate waking up?', asked Stone. "No... And she has a really, REALLY high fever.", said Steve, and Stone just stared at him in surprise. "High fever?", "No. REALLY high fever.", he said again.

"What's the temperature?", "116 degrees Fahrenheit.", said Cody, as he entered the room. "11- What?!", he said in shock. "She can't handle that! None of us can handle that!", said Stone. "Caleb is with her, he's trying to do something, Stone. Calm down.", said Cody, calmy, as he left the room. "Why does he sound like he doesn't care at all?", said Stone, "He does...", said Steve, calmy. "Even you don't care, do you?", "This is OUR way of expressing 'care'.", he said, as he left.

While Cody and Steve were in the backyard, and Stone was in his room, Caleb was with Kate. "Come on, Kate! You can fight it!", he said, as he healed him. "You have to do it! For us!", he said, as he held her hand. Her temperature was a little less warm than it was earlier, and it was a sign of Caleb's power working on her.

Kate's temperature was 106, after a few minutes. "Good...", he continued, "Keep fighting it...", he said, completely out of breath. "Caleb, are you okay?', asked Stone, as he entered the room. Caleb looked at the ground as he got up to leave, but fell to the ground, unconscious. "Oh no...", said Stone, as he called the others. "How did he...", "He used too much of his powers.", said Stone, as he folded his hands. "Wait a minute! Why did YOU get up?!", asked Steve.

"I'm fine now!", "Okay, whatever.", said Steve, as they all picked Caleb up, and placed him next to Kate. "Both of them are sick.", said Stone. "The healer is sick, the motivational speaker is sick! We are here, and we can do nothing!", said Cody in frustration. "There are a few things we can do.", said Stone.

He went outside and came after a few minutes with a bowl of cold water and two towels. "Dip this in cold water, and put it on both their foreheads.", he said, as Cody grabbed a towel. Stone grabbed the other one, and they sat next to Kate and Caleb. "I'll do Caleb, you do Kate.", said Cody.

Stone did as he said, and when he dipped the towel in water and put it on her forehead, he couldn't help but stare at Kate. They continued to do the same, meanwhile, Steve went to the store to get suitable medicines for Caleb and Kate. "Come... On...", said Caleb softly. "You can... Fight it...", he said, as Cody and Stone just looked at him awkwardly.

"Does he have a high fever too? I heard people with high fever usually talk nonsense.", said Cody. Stone checked his temperature using a thermometer. "No, he doesn't.", he said, in relief, knowing that one person with a high fever is enough.

Then suddenly, Kate tightened her eyes and started moving here and there. "What is happening to her?", asked Stone, as she started breathing heavily, and Cody started panicking. "What is wrong with her?!", he said in a panicking way. "Hey, you need to calm down, so that we can handle her.", said Stone, as Cody calmed down.

Stone checked her temperature, and it was increasing. "Her temperature is increasing!", said Stone. "I'll get a towel.", "Won't work. We have to wake her up, so that she calms down.", said Stone, as he put two of his fingers on her head, and started chanting something. It seemed as if she was dreaming, and she was lost in it. Stone tried to get into her mind, and help her in her dream if she was in danger.