Chapter 42: Tease Plan

Just then, they heard someone say, "Die!", and rushed to Kate's room, which was locked. "Kate! Open the door!", called out Cody, but no one opened the door. Steve teleported them into the room, and what they saw, was breathtaking. Caleb had a knife in his hand, and he was about to stab Kate with it.

Everything went in slow motion, and Cody rushed to save Kate. Caleb was in Oliver's control, and the knife he was holding, was inches apart from Kate's heart. Cody pushed Caleb, and he went flying down the bed, and Steve and Stone caught him. Cody looked at Kate, who gasped for air, and his eyes widened. Caleb had stabbed her!

Just then, Cody snapped out of his dream, as Steve and Stone talked about Oliver controlling Kate. "He might've controlled Caleb too, because-", "Kate!", said Cody, as he rushed to Kate's room. "Cody, wait up!", said Steve, as the two rushed behind him. Cody came to her room and went near Kate. "I got you... You're alright!", he said, as he cried and squeezed Kate's hand.

"Cody? Are you okay?", asked Steve, as he handled Cody. Just then, Caleb started breathing heavily. "He's about to wake up.", said Stone, as he went near him, and sprinkled some water on his face. Caleb woke up and looked at Stone. "I thought I died-", "Shut up! Stop speaking nonsense.", scolded Stone, as Caleb chuckled. He looked at Kate, who was unconscious and held her hand.

He then said a few words, and Kate woke up. "Kate...", said Cody slowly, and he stopped crying. "For god's sake, please don't cry...", said Kate, as she smiled. "I won't... Just promise me you won't do anything like that again.", "Do what?", "Get yourself stabbed-", the moment Cody said those words, he regretted it. "Stabbed?", asked Stone.

"I had a small dream, that Caleb stabbed her. He was under Oliver's control.", he said, as Caleb's eyes widened. "I'm so-", "Don't be.", said Caleb. "It happens.", he said, as they all smiled. They all slept that night, with fear of their own.

The very next morning, Kate got up and sat, and Stone gave her a cup of green tea. "Better have this, if you want ice cream.", he said, as Kate laughed, and had the green tea. Stone was about to leave when Kate grabbed his hand. "I don't mind small talk.", she said, as Stone smiled and sat in front of her.

"How're you doing now?", "I'm fine, how're you?", asked Kate. "I will be fine. But when Cody said Caleb stabbed you, in his dream, of course, was a little disturbing.", "So if it wasn't a dream...", she continued, as Stone squeezed the bedsheet. "That won't be okay.", he said, in a little angry tone. "Is that jealousy, I smell?", she said, as she teased him, and he blushed a little.

"So you ARE jealous!", she said, as she smiled, and brushed a strand of his hair, and his face went red. "What're you doing?", he asked. "I'm teasing you, silly.", she said, with a heartwarming smile. "Keep smiling.", "What?", she asked in known surprise. "Just stay happy, and well. It suits you.", he said, "And may I ask, what doesn't suit me?", she asked, his expression changed. "Is it... death-", "No...", he stopped her short. "Or teasing?", she asked. "Teasing.", he said.

Kate came near him, and their faces were inches apart. She whispered, "Red suits you, Professor. Stone.", and Stone went all red. "Stop teasing me!", he said, as if he was a little schoolgirl. "Aw! Is Daddy's Princess hurt?", she asked, as she teased him. "No! Wait-", he said, as he realized that he had just admitted that he was 'Daddy's Princess', and Kate laughed. "You two look good with each other.", said a voice from behind, completely surprising them.