Chapter 32: Another Hooded Figure

Chapter 2: Another Hooded Figure

Caleb and Kate helped Stone in making lunch. "By the way, Stone. Did you know me and Caleb, went to the same school?", "Yes, I did.", "You know everything, don't you?", "I don't... Cody told me once.", said Stone, as they prepared lunch. "Uhm, Stone?", said Kate, "Yes?", "Why is the pan on fire?", added Caleb.

"It's not supposed to be on fire.", he said calmly, as he put both his hands on his waist. Caleb and Kate's eyes widened and they panicked. "What do you mean, it's not supposed to be on fire?!", said Kate, "Relax. It IS supposed to be on fire.", "Why so?", asked Caleb. "It's a sizzler.", "OH! Ok.", said Kate, as they both calmed down.

"You know,", said Stone, as the three had lunch, "It wasn't supposed to be on fire...", he said, as Caleb and Kate looked at him awkwardly. "But the sizzler isn't bad, is it?", "I sure isn't...", said Kate awkwardly. It wasn't bad, but the fact that the pan was on fire, disturbed Kate, and Caleb. "Let's have lunch, and we'll go have a look at our school album again, shall we?", "Hmm, nice idea.", said Caleb. "I'll be busy. I have work.", he said, as Kate and Caleb, just shrugged.

Stone felt a little left out but didn't say anything, because he knew, they were just being normal. Later, that day, Caleb and Kate spent the whole evening. "I'm so tired.", said Kate, "Me too. But I still want to look at these photos... I love them!", he said.

"Yeah, me too...", she said, as she gazed at the pictures. "Oh look at this one.", said Kate, as she pointed to a picture of Caleb. "I was in first grade.", he said, "You look so cute!", "What about this one?", asked Caleb, as he handed her a picture of him. "This is middle school, right?", "Yeah... 9th...", "You look handsome.", "I... Do...?", "Of course! You even look handsome at this age.", she said, as Caleb blushed, and looked at Kate, who was busy looking at the pictures.

He brushed a strand of hair from her face. "And you look beautiful.", he said, as Kate looked at him and blushed. "You think I'm beautiful?", she asked, "No...", he said, as Kate stared at Caleb, and he laughed. "Of course you are! I'm kidding!", he said, as they laughed. This whole scene was witnessed by Stone, and he was quite jealous.

After some time, they had dinner, and just as they were about to go to their room, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it.", said Kate, as she got up to get it. "You like Kate.", said Stone, to Caleb. "What? No!", said Caleb, as he blushed. "Admit it. Or I'll tell her.", "But I don't!", he said.

Just as they could take their conversation further, they heard a loud crash. "Kate...', said Caleb, as they rushed to see what happened. There, they saw a hooded figure, and Kate, who was lying on the ground! "Go to Kate, I got this.", said Stone, as he dealt with the hooded figure. "Why are you back, Oliver?", asked Stone.

"I'm not Oliver. I'm someone else.", said the hooded figure. It sounded like a girl's voice. "Who are you? And why are you?", "I want him.", she said, as she pointed towards Caleb. "Not going to happen.", he said, as they both fought.

"Kate... Kate, are you okay?", said Caleb, as he saw Kate's face. "Please tell me you're ok.", he said, worryingly. "I'm... Fine...", she said, weakly. He saw Kate's face, and her nose started to bleed. "Oh no! Your nose is bleeding!", he said, as he healed her. "I'm fine, Caleb.", "No, you're not!", "We need to help Stone...", she said, as she got up, completely healed.

"Hand him over!", said the hooded figure. "Who are you?", asked Stone, as they both fought with their swords. Then suddenly, she conjured a dagger and stabbed Stone with it, and he gasped. "You have-", "Powers?", she said, as she pushed him, and turned towards Kate and Caleb.

"She's after you, Caleb.", "You're staying here.", said Caleb, but she didn't listen to him. "Go to Stone, Caleb. He needs you.", she said. She rushed towards the hooded figure, who used her powers to make her fly in the air. "You have powers?", said Kate, completely shocked, as the hooded figure threw her on the ground.