Chapter 23: Someone's Back

"You have been acting differently, ever since Stone arrived.", said Kate, "No, I haven't!", he said, "Yes Cody you have. The day he arrived, Stone asked me to go to my room, so that you all can argue.", she said, as Cody just looked at the ground. "Look, Cody, I couldn't talk to Stone like this if he was sitting here.", she said, as Cody looked at her, and looked like he wanted to say many things.

"Ok, just listen to me very carefully.", said Cody, grabbing Kate's hand. "I have been with you ever since you were born, Kate. And I wish to take every step with you like I always have. I want you to be happy.", he said, as tears dropped down his cheeks.

"I can't see you crying and getting into unsafe trouble. I want you to be safe and sound. Stone made you learn how to fight with a sword, and I couldn't be happier. You now know how to defend yourself and fight for yourself verbally.", he said, "So you're trying to say that-", "Stone is not good for you!", he said, as Kate was shocked at his words.

"No, you're-", "I don't want him to be near you!", he said, as Kate went into shock. "Why, Cody? Why?", she asked softly, "He gets into trouble, and grabs us along with him. And this is the same thing I told him, the day he arrived!", "I know sometimes, things may not always make sense to you right now, but you'll understand later!", "Cody...", "No Kate, let me speak! I've been trying to tell you for so long-", "Cody, just-", "Kate... Please, stay away from him...", he said, as Kate just closed her eyes.

"Cody please just-", "No Kate, just...", he stopped as he saw Kate, who was taking short breaths. "Kate?", "I'm fine... I'm...", she said as she looked at Cody. "Kate, your eyes are red.", "I know...", she whispered. "I know that,", she continued, as she smiled, "And you should know this, dear friend,", she said, as Cody knew, something was wrong. "You're not Kate.", "Wow, lucky guess!", she said as she got up.

"I am not Kate! Trust me, I'm not!", "Who are you?", he asked as Stone saw them from a distance. "I am... Infinity...", "What...-", suddenly Stone appeared, and attacked her using his powers, from behind. "No! Stop it! She's, my sister!", screamed Cody, as Kate went flying in the air, but balanced.

"Hello, old mate! How's life!", asked Infinity, completely gaining control over Kate. Stone went to her, using his powers. "Kate...", "I'm not Kate!", she screamed, "Ok, Infinity... What did you do to Kate?", "I killed her.", she said, as Stone's blood started boiling. "Where is Kate?", he asked again, hoping that she would say something. "You know, I CAN bring her back if you're okay with it.", "I want her back, right now.", he said, as he grew angrier. "Well, now that you say it arrogantly, I'm not bringing her back!", she said, as she cackled loudly.

Cody, who was still confused, tried to help Stone because he learnt, that she wasn't Kate. "Stone! How can I help?", he screamed from the ground but didn't get a response. "One last time. Where. Is. Kate?", "I tortured her, and I'm about to eat her, ALIVE!", she said, as Stone charged towards her, angrily.

After they had a dreadful, painful fight, Infinity turned towards Stone and hit him in the chest with her powers. He lost his breath, for a second or two, and then went back to normal, when he heard Infinity cackle loudly.

There was a mountain right behind her, at a distance, which could be seen. Stone decided to tackle her over there. He charged towards her, pushing her as fast as possible towards the mountain. "Let go of me, you filthy animal!", "Not until you tell me where Kate is.", he said softly.

She was moving continuously, but Stone had a grip on her and didn't let her go or use her powers. She paused for a while, looked down, and breathed normally. "Stone...", she said softly. "You're not Kate. I know it.", "Do you?", she said, as she lifted her head, and conjured a dagger.

"You're going to stab me, huh? Go ahead. Do it!", said Stone, as Infinity pushed him, and went flying above in the sky. "No, no, no! Get back!", screamed Stone, but she kept flying, and Stone went behind her. The altitude was increasing, and the pressure decreased. "Stop!", said Stone, from a distance. She stopped short, and pointed the dagger at her heart, ready to stab herself!

"No!", said Stone, and threw the dagger from her hand. "Leave me! Let. Me. Die!", "What do you think you're doing?!", said Stone as Infinity calmed down. "He's making me do all this...", she said, out of breath. "Who is he?", asked Stone, as she pushed him, and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you...", and lost consciousness.