Chapter 65: Growing Distant

After some time, Stone approached everyone and asked them to open the car's boot, and grab some sleeping bags, and tents. "3 Tents, 3 teams. Steve and Caleb in the first one, Cody and Kate in the second one, and I, in the third one. Got it?", everyone nodded their head, and they headed towards the forest.

Later that night, Kate couldn't sleep at all and decided to go out for a stroll. She walked out of her tent and sat on a log beside it. A few moments later, she heard a voice behind her. "What're you doing here?", asked Stone, as he walked up to her. "I can't sleep... What about you?", "I'm guarding.", "Do you EVER sleep?", "No.", his tone was harsh, and Kate felt uneasy. She got up to leave and saw Stone, who was looking at the stars. "I'll get going now...", she said, as she turned to leave but stopped...

Was she feeling sick? Did she feel the urge to vomit blood again? Or was she getting another crazy idea? What was it, that made her stop?

It was her mixed feelings. Getting many ideas, around the age of 17, was quite common. She felt slight anger, that Stone was this way now, slight regret, that she ran away in the first place, and slight sadness, about what she was going to say. "You know Stone-", "I'm not interested in talking-", "No one asked you to talk.", she said, in a slightly loud tone. Stone turned to her, in surprise, and looked at her with his serious eyes, which sent a shiver down Kate's body.

"How,", he walked up to her, "Dare you?", "Oh no, not me. How dare YOU?", "You're going to regret this.", "Honestly, Stone. It doesn't hurt saying this now. Like, AT ALL.", she said, as she walked up close to him, and whispered. "Get. A. life. And before teaching, LEARN how to talk to someone. And before you do, THINK.", she said, as she left, leaving Stone fuming in anger, and pain.

The next morning, everyone woke up, to find Caleb and Kate setting up the breakfast table. "Where'd you find a table?", asked Steve, "We made one.", said Kate. They all sat at the table and had their breakfast. The view, the food, and the atmosphere were enough to make it a memorable breakfast. But little did they know, an unexpected guest would arrive soon, DURING breakfast.

The five were having breakfast, when a black, luxurious car pulled up near them. Stepped out a man, wearing a black coat, and black sunglasses. Everyone looked at him, as he approached, and thought of him as a businessman. But he was... "Cedric, what're you doing here?", asked Cody, normally.

"You're expected back, sir. There's been a mishap, and your most trusted employee was on the urge to ruin you but was caught. That was around 6 months ago.", "Who's handling business then?", "Your most trusted secretary.", "Sure he is.", said Cody, as he smiled. Everyone, but Stone, gave him an awkward look. Kate and Caleb, who were munching on their food, looked at the man, whom Cody had called 'Cedric', and smiled, with their stuffed mouths.

"Your helicopter will be here any minute now. We have to set off for its location. Right now.", "Okay, everyone, I'll be off now.", said Cody, as he casually left. What was going on? "Woah, woah, woah... WOAH!", interrupted Kate, "Where are you going? And WHAT business? When will you come back?", "Didn't I...", Cody turned to Steve, "Didn't I tell EVERYONE?", he asked Steve, as Steve shook his head.

"Oh boy, never mind. Okay, so, Kate, and Caleb,", continued Cody as he looked at a very confused Caleb, "Our family business, which was passed onto me, by Dad, is in danger, you could say, and I NEED to return, or we'll go bankrupt.", said Cody, as the two understood what was going on. "You're just going to leave now?", "I mean, I have to... My vacation was over long back. I need to go now.", said Cody.

"What about us?", asked Caleb, "You'll be escorted by Stone. Meanwhile Steve and I-", "Steve's going with you?", asked Kate, as she realized, that she, Caleb and Stone would be alone. "Yes. Business. Gotta go now. Stone will tell you everything else. Bye!", Cody and Steve said their goodbyes and left the scene. Moments after they left, Stone and Caleb started giving each other a death stare.