Richard Ríos~Requested

Date made:11/11/23

Name: Y/n
Status: Dating
Requested

Third Person POV

As Y/n stood nervously in the kitchen, her hands clutching the edge of the counter. The evening sun streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow on the room. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart. Today was the day she had decided to tell Richard, her husband of three years, that she was pregnant.

The thought of having a baby had filled her heart with both joy and apprehension. They had always talked about starting a family, but the timing never seemed quite right. They were both focused on their careers, and Y/n wondered if bringing a child into their lives would be too much of a burden. But as she watched Richard laughing with their nieces and nephews during a family gathering last week, she knew deep down that they were ready.

Y/n had spent days thinking about how to break the news to her husband, afraid that he might not react as she had hoped. She wanted it to be special, something they would both cherish. And so, with her heart fluttering, she had arranged a surprise dinner at home. Tonight, Y/n had planned a special surprise for Richard. She had prepared his favourite meal, set the table beautifully, and hidden a small box under his seat. The box contained something that would change their lives forever. She hoped that he would be as excited as she was, but there was always that lingering fear of the unknown.

Just as she put the finishing touches on the table, she heard Richard's footsteps approaching the front door. Y/n felt her heart race as anticipation, coupled with a newfound nervousness, flooded through her. What if he wasn't ready? What if he didn't want a baby right now?

But as Richard stepped into the room, a warm smile spread across his face at the sight before him. The table was set with candles flickering and their favourite food filling the air with a delicious aroma. He couldn't help but feel a little confused though. What was the occasion?

He caught sight of Y/n, who was standing nervously at the dining table, her eyes filled with a mix of emotions. Confusion clouded Richard's face as he took in the scene before him. A nice dinner lay spread across the table, and a small box sat beside Y/n's plate.

"Ei, princesa" (Hey, princess) he said, a touch of concern laced in his voice. "Está tudo bem?" (Is everything alright?)

Y/n smiled slightly, her hands trembling. "Está tudo bem, Ricardo. Sente-se, deixe-me explicar." (Everything's fine, Richard. Sit down, let me explain.)

Richard's worry deepened, but he did as she asked and took a seat. Y/n stood beside him, her hands still shaking. She picked up the small box and handed it to Richard, a weak smile on her face.

He took the box and looked at her, brows furrowed. "O que é isso, S/n? Aconteceu alguma coisa?" (What's this, Y/n? Did something happen?)

She shook her head, her eyes shining with tears. "Não, Ricardo, não aconteceu nada. Basta abri-lo" (No, Richard, nothing happened. Just open it)

Curiosity getting the better of him, Richard carefully opened the box. Carefully, Richard removed the lid of the box, revealing a positive pregnancy test and a tiny onesie. As realization dawned upon him, a myriad of emotions played across his face. Richard looked up at Y/n, his eyes filled with a mix of love and happiness. His face lit up with a bright smile, and he immediately got up, pulling her into a tight embrace. He peppered her face with kisses, his heart overflowing with joy and excitement.

"Estamos tendo um bebê?" (We're having a baby?) he whispered, his voice filled with joy. Without hesitation, he got up from his seat and enveloped Y/n in his arms, peppering her with kisses. "Não acredito! Um bebê, nosso bebê! Um mini você ou eu!" (I can't believe it! A baby, our baby! A mini you or me!)

Y/n clung to him, tears streaming down her face. "Eu estava tão nervosa para lhe dizer, Ricardo. Eu não sabia como você reagiria." (I was so nervous to tell you, Richard. I didn't know how you would react.)

Y/n's fears melted away in that moment, replaced by the overwhelming love she saw in Richard's eyes. She wrapped her arms around him, holding him tightly, feeling the weight of their shared joy.

He gently wiped away her tears, his touch filled with tenderness. "Y/n, meu amor, você é um presente. Este bebê é um presente. Eu não poderia estar mais feliz. Obrigado por fazer tudo isso. Eu te amo." (Y/n, my love, you are a gift. This baby is a gift. I couldn't be happier. Thank you for doing all of this. I love you.)

Richard gently brushed his hands against Y/n's stomach, now fully aware of the tiny life growing within her. He marveled at the miracle of it all, amazed at the fact that they were about to create a little person together.

They stood there, holding each other tightly, their hearts entwined in love and joy. The worries Y/n had carried in her heart dissolved into nothingness, replaced by the promise of a future filled with love, laughter, and the pitter-patter of tiny feet. Richard's hands found their way under Y/n's shirt, caressing her stomach with a newfound tenderness that made her heart soar.

As they enjoyed their surprise dinner together, they could not help but dream about the months ahead. They imagined nurseries filled with love, sleepless nights and sweet lullabies, and a lifetime of priceless memories. Y/n and Richard knew that their lives would change forever.