CHAPTER 18

As soon as Gojo questioned the curse's identity, Jogo launched himself at him.

The debris from the road flew into the air, and Jogo used it to his advantage. With a swipe of his arm, a strange material formed on the side of the highway wall, where Gojo's back was facing. He glanced before it let out lava, engulfing Gojo completely. The explosion was so huge, the lava sprayed past the highway, and into the forest behind them.

The ground was sizzling and burnt, leaving up a giant smoke cloud. Jogo who stood near the site laughed menacingly. The ground was crushed where he stood, and he only smirked at the destruction he caused. "That was easier than I expected."

Before he could leave, his eye widened in surprise. The smoke cleared, and Jogo could see the sorcerer still covered in lava. However, he wasn't hurt by it. It melted away, as Gojo voiced his annoyance. "Who are you...calling easy?" He was holding two fingers up, frowning.

"Brat." Jogo replied, twisting his ear. Smoke was rising from the top of his head.

'He's a cursed spirit, but he can communicate clearly' Gojo thought as he observed the curse. 'And the sheer amount of cursed energy...An unregistered special-grade?' He remembered the time he fought Sukuna.  He's likely stronger than Sukuna currently was.  "Special-grades are classified as such because they're special. Having them pop up this frequently throws everything off." 

Jogo chuckled in response. He prepared himself to engage in combat. "Did I wound your pride?"

"Nope." Gojo cracked his knuckles, grinning. "I'm starting to find this fun."

"Finding this fun, you say?" Jogo asked. A bug was juggled at the top of the curse's head, as he continued to talk.  No sense of danger at all.

'He chose a place devoid of people? No, he was avoiding other sorcerers coming to back me up.' Gojo watched as Jogo summoned more insects.
Jogo shot out his hand, and pointed to their target. "Ember Insects!" They flew at a quick speed; fast enough where no normal person would be able to track them. 

Gojo slowly raised his arm to block. "Well, if you're coming after me, you're right...about having no sense of danger."

The environment around Gojo had a glitch, and just as the insects were about to reach him, they were stopped by an illusory wall. The force of the crash caused a significant indentation to be left behind Gojo. The buzzing became more intense, but they were unable to approach him. "What happens if this hits me?" Gojo asked a the insect's lengthy stinger, which was attached to its nose, trembled and made an attempt to move. It was the first to open its mouth, and the others quickly followed suit, wailing in unison.  Sound?  Their little bodies trembled wildly just before they blew apart.

In spite of their diminutive sizes, they were capable of producing a massive explosion that swallowed up all of Gojo once more. 

"A two-stage attack of sound and explosions?" Gojo mused, jumping on the top of the wall. The insects never stood a chance. "That's clever." 
Gojo was quickly pursued by Jogo, who ran in his direction. A big ball of fire began to develop in his palm as the curse continued to run its course. Jogo brought his palm down and struck Gojo's head, which was now completely consumed by flames, with great force. 

"There's more!" Jogo turned around with a grin, head steaming with lava, and slapped Gojo in the back. His palm flattened as Gojo slowly slumped backward. After the attack had landed, purple flames began to emerge. A second explosion occurred, mirroring the outcome of the first attempt. It was devastating to the trees, and the cement crumbled to pieces.