CHAPTER 59

The broadcast of Nezu, Aizawa and Vlad’s interview, a reporter remarked, “You spoke about the students’ safety, Eraser Head. During the incident, it appears you urged them to fight.”

“It's because we were unable to fully grasp the situation, it had to be done in order to avoid the worst possible outcome.” Aizawa answered.

“What do you mean by ‘worst possible outcome’? You don’t call 26 victims the worst possible outcome?” the reporter pressed.

“The ‘worst possible outcome’ I assumed in that situation was that the students would be at their wits’ end and be killed.” Aizawa corrected.

“It was determined that it was a sleeping gas from one of the enemies’ quirks. Thanks to the quick response of Ms. Kendo and Mr. Tetsutetsu, there were no serious injuries from the attack.” Nezu added to Aizawa’s statement.

“And also their was no serious psychological trauma.” Nezu explained about how the students seemed to be doing fine mentally from the incident.

“Are you saying that it was a bright spot in this tragedy?” the reporter questioned.

“We believe that the worst outcome is one that would have infringed on the future.” Nezu answered.

“If that was the case...can you also say that when you involved a student who wasn't part of your school? Or rather what would have happened if Bakugo was kidnapped?” the reporter narrowed his eyes.

This made Aizawa flinch a little until the reporter continued.

“He enrolled at U.A. High with excellent marks and won the sports festival. In addition, during the incident of the sludge villain in middle school, he resisted the powerful villain alone, so he has a history of showing how tough and heroic he can be. On the other hand, the violence he showed in the finals and his attitude at the award ceremony show that he is not always very stable mentally. What if the reason the villains wanted to kidnap him was because they had an eye on that? Kidnapping him with deceitful words, and dyeing him with the path of evil? What evidence do you have for saying that he has a future?”

‘They're trying to stress us out and catch us saying something inappropriate.’ Vlad thought until he saw Aizawa get up from his chair, looking really pissed, pleading, ‘Don’t fall for it… He’s probably doing this knowing that you hate the media, Eraser!’

The reporter raised an eyebrow at Aizawa while Vlad started sweating.
‘No, don’t let them trick you!’ Vlad silently pleaded before Aizawa bowed down.

“As an educator, I take full responsibility for Katsuki Bakugo’s violent behavior. However, his actions at the sports festival originate in what he considers ‘ideal strength’.” Aizawa explained. 

“The villains thought they had an opening, then I believe they are being short-sighted.” Aizawa answered the reporters many questions.

“This isn’t a question of how you feel- I’m asking whether or not you have a concrete plan in place.” the reporter remarked.

“We are not just standing around idly. We are currently investigating along with the police. We will definitely get our student back.” Nezu explained as it showed the League’s lair with the TV on, playing the interview.

Shigaraki sighed when he listened to the interview.

"Damn, talk about a total lame fest" Magne said.

Himiko watched over to Shigaraki, who was scratching his neck in irritation, "Always finding a way to see the light in any sort of situation...tsk...oh well, it couldn't be helped, if Bakugo was hear...I could tell he wouldn't even join our side...a valuable piece that wouldn't be of much use...and he wouldn't understand...and since The heroes said they’re continuing their investigation on us… We don’t have time to take leisurely.” Shigaraki said before turning to face the TV, asking, “Master- Lend me your power.”