CHAPTER 51

“Will they be all right by themselves?” Kurogiri asked Shigaraki, who was playing with cards.

“Yeah. It’s not my turn to be on stage right now. They’re enough by themselves. In other words, the game has changed. Up until now, it was a role-playing game where we had all the equipment but challenged the last boss while still at level 1. I should’ve thought of it as a simulation game.” Shigaraki explained.

“Right now, with all the pieces I can break through the higher ranks. In order to do that, I need to first put cracks into the superhuman society. The Vanguard Action Squad of the League of Villains. It doesn’t matter if those guys succeed or fail. Just the fact that they are there will scare the heroes.” Shigaraki continued.

“Are they just sacrificial pawns?” Kurogiri questioned.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Do I look that heartless?” Shigaraki chuckled, adding, “Their strength is real. Even though they’re all facing different directions, they’re comrades I can count on.”

Shigaraki picked up a piece of paper on the counter.

“In a society bound by rules…” Shigaraki whispered, looking at a photo of Bakugo from the sports festival, smirking, “...we’re not the only ones being oppressed.”

“I’m praying for their success.” Shigaraki echoed.

Mizuki was busy securing Kota and making sure he was comfortable meanwhile Hitashi was watching the fire.

“If all the villains from this night attack are this strong, then everyone is in danger.”

Mizuki heard this from his mouth which got her worried for her friends, “If that's the case then we gotta let Aizawa Sensei and the Pussycats know about that. If we can save someone by moving, then we have to move, right?” Mizuki explained to Hitachi.

Who simply nodded his head, "But it's too bad Kota is asleep otherwise his quirk would have helped with putting out the flames...but it's better for him to rest"

Hitachi said while placing his hoodie over his head which got Mizuki confused until she realized that he wasn't wearing his disguise.

Hitachi then stopped and quickly went to Mizuki and placed her in a bridal position with Kota on tow.

"It's better we get things done faster with me running" as he said that, he then jumped off the cliffside with Mizuki in thought.

‘...where’s the kid called Bakugo?’
Mizuki gritted his teeth. ‘I have a bad feeling about this…!’

‘A Few Minutes Earlier’

Aizawa ran down the hallway, thinking, ‘I don’t want to think about what could happen…’

When Aizawa made it outside, he stopped, looking at the blue fire and smoke before him.

“This is bad…” Aizawa gritted his teeth.

“Is your worry taking precedence, Eraser?” Dabi appeared next to Aizawa, raising his hand, blue flames appearing.

“Vla-” Aizawa called before the flames bursted out, shooting at Aizawa.

Smoke came from Dabi’s hand while the fire cleared away.

“Well, I guess you are a pro, after all.” Dabi sighed, looking up to see Aizawa hanging onto the building. He raised his hand up to Aizawa, but no fire came out.