CHAPTER 37

Mahito crawled through the dark sewers, dragging his injured body as he moved closer to the exit. He pulled up his body and leaned against the wall. 

‘So, that's the King of Curses, Ryomen Sukuna. His current cursed energy is inferior to Jogo's. However, his presence... his soul is on a completely different level,’ Mahito mused with a calculating grin. 

‘I'm certain now. Even if we were wiped out, the era of curses can begin as long as Sukuna is resurrected,’ he thought with determination, wriggling his fingers in anticipation.

But as his mind wandered, his thoughts turned to Izuku Midoriya, ‘But it's so troublesome... I really want to kill Izuku Midoriya now!’ he exclaimed inwardly, clenching his hand into a fist.

Mahito stretched his arms above his head, a cruel smile twisting his lips. "I'm feeling so impatient!" he declared. "But forget it. Unlike the body, the soul can be killed many times." 

Waking up a bit, he felt his body was sluggish as he got up from a makeshift bed, giseyes then traveled towards the katana that...for some reason....was floating near him.

"...the fuck?"

'You're not the only one who's thinking about it...I'm seriously confused on what the fuck rhay katana really is'

'We both know that's a mystery all to itself...and I really don't want to brainstorm it'

Izuku thought as he grabbed the katana which vibrated in glee.

“Weren’t you told to rest?” Nanami asked with a stern voice. 

Izuku, who entered only sighed as he asked, "Is this my lecture?" 

Both of them were standing inside the morgue, staring at the rows of body bags lined up on the tables. 

"I have no lecture for someone who saved my life," Nanami replied.

"Me? Is this the end of the world?" Izuku asked whiel looking around which got Nanami to raised his eyebrows at the boy.

“That Patchface’s cursed technique can interfere with other people's souls. You made him touch Sukuna's soul when you invaded his domain. Thanks to you, I'm saved,” Nanami said. 

"But the fact that I didn't switch with him"

Nanami clarified, "Sukuna didn't come out. Instead, our opponent went in."

“Then I wasn't the one who saved you. Sukuna did it on a whim.”

'Honestly I wasn't even focusing on him...but if he's alive then that's fine...I can look at his jawline more'

'Dude....Seriously?'

'I like chiseled jawlines! So what!'

Izuku sighed while his voice was laddened with guilt as he said, “Nanami, I killed humans today. People will die. It's inevitable. But I want their deaths to be justified, at least. That was what I was thinking…”
“That's why I only think about not pulling the trigger. But now that I pulled the trigger myself, I don't understand it anymore. What's the right way to die?”