CHAPTER 25

Iida couldn't help but start to remember the time he first told his friends about his brother and how much he wanted to be like him and he began to wonder just what kind of hero he was, laying there being protected by his friends and putting his vengeance over saving Native. In that moment, Iida finally realized how narrow minded and selfish he'd been acting.

A flashback was seen and a younger Tenya talking to Tensei. Tensei asked if he wanted to be a hero, and Tenya emphatically, but stiffly, said yes. Tensei joked about his brother being a robot.

Tenya asked why Tensei continued being a hero. Tensei explained that it was partly because he had been expected to become one, since so many other family members were too. But it was also because he thought people who did things like lead lost children to the service counter were the coolest. Tenya asked why he didn't work at a service counter then, which annoyed Tensei.

Tensei patted Tenya's head and commented on how literally he takes things. He said that Tenya was smarter and more athletic than Tensei was at his age, which means that if Tenya admires him then Tensei just might be an amazing hero!

Iida remembered Stain calling him and his brother fakes. Iida decided that Stain was right, he couldn't hold a candle to his friends! But that didn't stop him from forcing his hand to move...

While that was happening, the still frozen Mizuki tried to help her brother and Todoroki by calling out where Stain was coming from. Stain was pushed back at first, but then started closing in again. He called out that Todoroki's focus on his own quirk was making him careless. He got in close, and the camera went slow motion as Stain's blade was shown to be mere inches from severing Todoroki's arm.

Izuku was seen a bit far away with widen eyes as he launched himself towards them.

In that same moment, Iida was finally able to push himself up. He told himself that if he didn't do something now, he'd never be on par with his friends or brother! That's what gave him the strength to use his recipro burst right off the bat. One kick knocked the blade away from Todoroki, and a second sent Stain himself flying away.

Stain didn't realise until it was too late that Izuku was there and sent the hero killer a devastating blow to the gut that caused him to get pushed back and hit the wall hard, making it difficult to get back up as he glared at Izuou who grabbed his little sister while also glaring at Stain.

Upon seeing that Iida was free, Todoroki commented that Stain's quirk wasn't as great as he thought.

Iida apologized to Mizuki and Todoroki, saying they shouldn't have gotten dragged into his mess. That's why he couldn't let them be hurt anymore! Stain said he shouldn't bother trying to look reformed now.

Stain declared that people don't change that quickly and Iida would always be a selfish fake!

Todoroki called Stain an 'anachronistic fundamentalist' and told Iida not to listen to a murderer's logic.

Iida said that Stain was right this time, he had no right to call himself a hero, but that didn't mean he was giving up! He wouldn't allow the name Ingenium to go down like that! Stain came at them again, but Todoroki's fire held him back which resulted in Izuku clashing with Stain, "You guys better have a plan while I keep this noseless bastars busy!"

Izuku said while Sukuna was sighing.

'Brat...u think this little charade might being getting out of hand'