CHAPTER 38

Right now we turn our attention to where the villains' bar was located. Kurogiri asked Shigaraki if he was curious about Yagi, since he was still holding the picture of her from the Sports festival. Before he could answer, a gray haired man name Giran entered. Due to the League getting talked about so much recently, he had new recruits for them. Shigaraki destroyed the picture as he turned to face them.

A young man with burns and staples all over him was one of them. He said Shigaraki looked gross. The other was a girl who was dressed in a high school uniform. She bounced in excitement from the League knowing 'Stainy' and begged to join.

When Shigaraki heard about Stain, he told Kurogiri to get rid of the new recruits, since he found them irritating. Kurogiri urged him to give them a chance at least, since Giran (the man who brought the recruits in) was known to be reliable.

Giran said he would be satisfied as long as he got paid, then stepped up to introduce the new recruits. He said that the blond girl was a suspect in a several deaths that happened by bloodloss. She introduced herself as Toga Himiko. She eagerly started going on about how she wanted to make the world an easier place to live in. Then said she both wanted to become Stain and kill Stain.

Shigaraki asked if she was crazy. Giran said she could at least hold a conversation.

Giran moved onto the young man, saying he hadn't committed any flashy crimes, but was still very much into Stain's ideology. The young man, whose name was listed as 'Dabi', wondered if the League really had a just cause or not.

Dabi was dubious about a place that would let the crazy girl next to him in. Shigaraki pointed out that the girl at least had enough manners to introduce herself. Dabi said that 'Dabi' was what he currently went by. Shigaraki asked for his real name. Dabi said he wouldn't give it until the right time.

Dabi said he would follow Stain's ethics. The mention of Stain seemed to set Shigaraki off, he started complaining about how people kept talking about him and how he didn't feel good at all. Kurogiri sensed Shigaraki's move and told him to stop, but Shigaraki launched himself at the new recruits anyway. The pair moved to defend themselves, but it all became moot when Kurogiri used a series of portals to direct all of their hands away from each other.

Kurogiri told Shigaraki to calm himself, and reminded him that they had to expand their numbers when given the chance if they wanted to achieve anything, so they should accept the new recruits. Then he whispered to Shigaraki that they should also take advantage of what Stain left behind. Shigaraki backed off, but also told him to shut up before stomping out of the room. Giran commented that Shigaraki was young, too young.

Toga commented that she thought he was going to kill them, and looked excited about it. Dabi just said the man made him sick. Kurogiri asked them to wait for an answer later, because he believed Shigaraki knew what his answer had to be and left for that exact reason. He'd been humbled by both All Might and Stain, so he knew what answer he had to give even if he didn't like it.

The sound of the wind could be heard as it whooshed through a deserted hot spring high up in the mountains. Smoke and fog rose, making the place feel even more isolated. 

Puffs of smoke rose from Jogo's head as he smoked a pipe. The pipe wailed as he took a long huff. 

"Oh, there you are!" a voice echoed with laughter, causing Jogo to turn around and see Geto and Mahito approaching. 

Mahito took off all his clothes and jumped into the water. "Jogo!" He called out happily, enjoying himself in the hot spring. 

"It seems like your body is almost completely restored," Mahito said as he swam freely in the water.