CHAPTER 69

"Something's wrong…." Noritoshi trailed off gravely, echoing the same thoughts that were going through everyone's mind.

"Yeah, we're definitely under attack." Izuku said as held out Ryõba, "Hold on, let me scope out the enemy and hopefully find out what's going on." He continued.

"How do you plan to do that from here?" Kasumi asked curiously.

Izuku didn't say anything instead he tossed Ryõba up in the air high enough as cursed energy surrounded her with Izuku doing the same as his eyes glowed, '...the hell? Huh looks like that cursed spirit is back and it looks like Junpei is heading there, so everyone should be fine for now. The other two presences within the veil are however unoccupied right now. We'll have to split up and deal with them accordingly.' Izuku thought analytically.

"Okay listen up, we're under attack by two grade 1 curse users and one special grade curse. In fact, this special grade is the one that got away from both Gojo and I in the past, and right now it's attacking the Tokyo Students." Izuku said much to everyone's surprise.

'So he can not only detect curse energy over a wide range but he can also evaluate and rank it according to class rankings? And that is on top of the insane abilities that he has already shown? That's my new best friend for you. Simply amazing!' Todo thought excitedly, everyone thinking along the same lines except without the excitement part.

"S-so what do we do now?" Miwa asked warily.

"We eliminate them. Todo and I will go after the Special Grade Curse. Sword girl and Mai will go after one of the grade 1 curse users, and finally, Robot dude and Kamo will go after the other grade 1 curse user. When we arrive on the scene, I'll heal the others and send them to your locations to back you up just in case. Todo and I should be more than enough to deal with the special grade." Izuku instructed.

"Y-you want just the two of us to deal with a grade 1 curse user? M-my name is Miwa by the way, Kasumi Miwa." Miwa stuttered, not liking the nickname "sword girl" at all.

"And mine is Mechamaru." Mechamaru added, also apparently not liking the "robot guy" nickname.

"Yes, Miwa. The teams are well balanced. A close to mid range fighter and a long range precision fighter to back you up and fill in all the gaps. Also, like I said, I'll be sending back up soon, so do not worry." Izuku replied confidently, easing a bit of the tension and self doubt in Mai and Kasumi.

"My best friend, you understandably don't know this, but Noritoshi and Mechamaru are semi 1st grade sorcerers, whereas Miwa and Mai are both grade 3 sorcerers. Wouldn't it be more prudent to switch teams between Miwa and Mechamaru so that each team has a semi 1st grade in it?" Todo argued.

"I know what grade they are Todo, I do however think that Kasumi and Mai are more compatible as partners, and of course, I have something in mind to boost Mai's abilities." Izuku said cryptically.

"M-my abilities? How? Do you have a cursed tool or something?" Mai asked incredulously.

"I could...but that's not it. I have some advice for you Mai. Commitment!" Izuku exclaimed theatrically.

"Huh? What the hell are you talking about, idiot?" Mai asked incredulously, Izuku, in response, calling Mai to the side so that he can talk to her privately, Mai hesitating slightly before deciding what the hell. The guy had ample opportunity to hurt or even kill her when he captured her, if he wanted to hurt her, he would have done it already, and he wouldn't need to trick her to do it, hard as it was for her to admit.

"Okay, I don't have all day bird brain so spill it. What's so important that you have to drag me to the side to talk about it?" Mai asked with exasperation, even though she really was excited to hear about this so called secret that Izuku wanted to tell her that could boost her fighting abilities.

"I feel like the reason you're only third grade is because you're not committed enough to your fighting style. I noticed it earlier. You're a long range fighter, so why do you channel your curse energy the same way short range and any other regular sorcerer would?" Izuku asked, which actually caused even more confusion for Mai.

"Huh?" Mai asked with even more incredulity in her tone.

"Listen, Mai. Jujutsu Sorcerers subconsciously and consciously divide their curse energy for a number of functions. There is curse energy allocated to boosting speed, strength, durability, and curse technique. But you're a long range fighter, so why do you use the same ratio of curse energy for durability and strength as a close range fighter?" Izuku asked rhetorically.

"You asshole! Are you saying I should leave myself completely defenseless?" Mai asked incredulously.

"Not at all, I'm saying you could have a different way to defend yourself. You should take sixty percent of the curse energy you use for strength enhancement and use it to further boost your speed and reflexes, take 60 percent of the energy you use for durability and re enforcement and use it to boost the speed and force penetration of your bullets, and take a further twenty percent from each of the aforementioned categories and use that to boost your senses, leaving only twenty percent for strength and twenty percent for durability." Izuku explained.

"I don't get it, what would that achieve?" Mai asked, confused.

"The first 60 percent would make you exponentially faster, agile, and flexible, the second 60 percent would obviously exponentially boost the attack power and attack speed of your curse technique. The two twenties would yield a forty percent increase in your senses and therefore boost your ability to perceive an enemy's movements and your reaction time. Since you are a long range fighter, you have no use for physical strength and would be best served by adding that power to your actual preferred method of attack. Durability is useful in order to survive physical attacks, but of what use is that when you have elite senses, reactions, speed, agility, and flexibility? Your defense will lie in your ability to evade attacks and counter with your firearm. Even if an opponent somehow closed the gap on you, you would have enough speed, reactions, and evasiveness to avoid those attacks while re-establishing distance. That is what I mean by commitment to the fighting style. A wise man once said: I fear not the man who has practiced a thousand kicks, but the man who has practiced one kick a thousand times." Izuku explained in detail.

"Practice one technique and be so exceptionally good at it that others with many techniques cannot contend with you? What a very unorthodox but interesting way of looking at Jujutsu Sorcery." Mai thought out loud.

"I understand what I have to do now. I promise you, Miwa and I will deliver the victory without fail! You may send your reinforcements, but the battle will be over by the time they arrive." Mai said with the kind of confidence and conviction that she has never felt before in her life.

"Great! Time to go and kick some ass!" As Izuku said that,he sends out his hand to grab the handle of Ryõba and also grabbing Himiko and coating them with his cursed energy and sent out two arcs of energy that connected and formed what looked to be portal.

Izuku then look over to the Kyoto jujutsu sorcerers with a serious look on his face, "Alright then you only who your partnered up with and this portal will take you the specific location so No time to waste."

'So not only can he instantly teleport himself and others from one place to another, but he can also open a portal from one place to another? What an incredible curse technique user! Gojo beating him only 17 times out of twenty instead of twenty out of twenty is starting to sound more and more believable by the second.' Kamo thought.

Izuku simply took a deep a breath, 'Hitachi...it's time'

As he released the air that came from his mouth, his whole demeanor changed which got both Himiko and Ryõba to vibrate that it made the one in control to chuckle.

Chapter End.