CHAPTER 28

Back in the present, we see Izuku and Nanami ascended the stairs, their steps echoing in the silent hall. “The surveillance camera didn't capture anything, right?” Izuku asked.

“Yes. Other than the victim, there was another teenager,” Nanami replied.

“Is the culprit a Cursed Spirit?” Izuku pondered.

“Well…” Nanami trailed off, deep in thought.

As they reached the rooftop, the rain pounding against their umbrellas, Nanami spoke up again. “That teenager has a motive to do so too, but the police should be the ones to investigate him.”

Suddenly, Nanami felt a presence behind them.

Izuku noticed the change in his mentor's expression.

Which caused the both of them to turn on an area beside them, a monstrous creature was on top of the waiting area chairs. “Lunch box," it repeatedly uttered.

Izuku stepped forward, ready to fight, but Nanami held him back. “Stop. I’ll take care of this. You take care of the other one, Midoriya-kun," Nanami said as he closed his umbrella.

This got Izuku to turn around and faced the second cursed spirit, his eyes locking onto its lurking figure.

“Nice detergent."
Nanami spoke with a calm authority. "If you find yourself unable to defeat it, let me know."

As Izuku heard that he sighed while opening the bag that was on his back, "You're totally looking down on me," he said as he showed the Katana that belonged to Stain.

Nanami took off his suit jacket and loosened his tie. "I'm not looking down on you," he explained, his voice patient. "I'm an adult, you're still a kid. It's my responsibility to protect you."

Izuku simply got into a Ko Gasumi stance, preparing for battle. "I'd rather be underestimated than be treated like a child," he declared.

"You've gone through many near-death experiences, but that doesn't make you an adult," Nanami said. He pulled out a blunt knife wrapped in a cloth with a splattered black dot design. “Having a more severe hair fall or your favorite sandwich missing from the convenience store…Accumulating these minor disappointments in life… makes people mature into adults,” he added pointedly, gesturing towards the approaching cursed spirit.

Monday, 11:15 am.

The thunder continued to boom, the rain intensifying into a deluge.

Nanami swiftly dashed towards the cursed spirit, avoiding its attacks with ease. "My cursed technique allows me to create weak points on enemies, no matter who they are," he explained calmly.