CHAPTER 78

"What you need to know is that the hero work studies that are like a more serious version of the internships, where you go to where pro heroes and help them… We talked about them at our faculty meeting yesterday, and almost all the teachers, including the principal, thought you shouldn’t do them.” Aizawa told his class.

The class had a moment of silence before exclaiming, “What?!”

“After we had that big meeting about it?” Kirishima groaned.

“But thinking about why we ended up in the dorms, I guess that makes sense…” Kaminari realized, rubbing Ojiro’s tail.

“Serves you right!” Bakugo slammed his hands on his desk, grinning.

“Just because you probably wouldn’t be able to participate…” Hagakure sighed.

“We also came to the decision that first years will only be allowed to go to agencies with a good track record of accepting work study students.” Aizawa added, making Bakugo stop grinning.

“I wonder if Gunhead’s place will work…” Uraraka muttered to herself.

“Maybe I’ll try contacting Selkie…” Asui put her finger on her cheek.

“Damn it!” Bakugo shouted.

‘An agency with a good track record of accepting work study students…’ Mizuki thought.

‘Can’t All Might introduce you to some people? Like his old sidekick-’

“You want me to introduce you to Sir Nighteye for a work study?” All Might widened his eyes at his daughter’s request.

All Might shushed Mizuki as she started getting into his fan mode.

‘So energetic…’ Midnight thought nearby.

‘I want to go to karaoke.’ Ectoplasm sighed.

“Where did his name come up?” All Might asked about Nighteye, humming, “I see… You wanted to get a head start on the work studies, so you called Gran Torino, huh?”

“Please!” Mizuki bowed.

“I refuse.” All Might put it bluntly, explaining, “I’m not saying that to be mean. There are three reasons: One, in the meeting yesterday, I opposed the work studies.”

“I feel like first years don’t necessarily have to start now.” All Might added, holding a finger up.

“I agree.” Thirteen said behind him.

“Can’t the school just support the kids who want to go?” Midnight suggested.

“And I think you should power-up your Shoot Style before you participate.” All Might hold up two fingers.

“I think the kid’s working hard, though.” Ectoplasm told Cementoss.

“There’s still a lot of room for improvement before it can be used reliably.” Cemetoss pointed out.