CHAPTER 36

Mahito propelled himself into the air and transformed his entire body into a porcupine-like figure.
Nanami and Izuku quickly dodged out of the way as big sharp pointed ends pierced the ground.

"I thought this was good," Mahito mused as Izuku and Nanami chipped away at his pointed ends. "But they evaded my attacks. After they dodged it, they started shaving away the weaker ends. It's only good for small fries. Let's stop this."

As Mahito reverted back to his original shape and landed on the ground, Nanami and Izuku seized the opportunity and launched a coordinated attack that produced a powerful blast, enveloping the area in a cloud of black smoke. Mahito came out of the smoke in a child-like form.

"Before he changes his shape..." Nanami uttered.

"He charges his cursed energy first!" Izuku answered.

"Very good."

Mahito let out a giggle as he continued to run with his much smaller form. "Even if I make myself smaller, I still risk getting killed by Izuku Midoriya in just one blow," he mused, changing back to his normal size. "He really is my nemesis."

'Transfigured humans,' Nanami thought to himself. 'He still has some stored.'

Mahito wasted no time in giving them orders. "Kill that short-haired brat," he commanded.

Izuku quickly moved out of the way as the three transfigured humans came charging towards him.

Meanwhile, Mahito launched an attack on Nanami, his hand transformed into a long, deadly blade. But Nanami was quick on his feet, dodging the attack with ease.

Mahito smirked in contempt, taking back the blade and turning his hand back to its original form. "I knew it. That kid can't bring himself to kill humans," he taunted.

The transfigured humans grabbed onto Izuku, clinging to his legs and shoulders. Izuku frantically shook them off, running as fast as he could to get away. He leapt onto the roof of a nearby corridor, trying to distance himself from the creatures.

One of the transfigured humans attempted to jump on him, and Izuku instinctively grabbed onto its neck. As he saw what he was holding, his face contorted in distress.
"Let's play..." The transfigured human uttered.

Another transfigured human pounced on Izuku and he let go of his grasp. Despite his best efforts to dodge each attack, he found himself pinned to the ground. As he struggled to break free, he heard the voice of the transfigured human on top of him, uttering a desperate plea through labored breaths. "Please... kill me."

one of the monsters managed to say making Izuku look at it with horror before biting his tongue and gripping his katana tight as he quickly cut all the transfigured into pieces.

'I'm sorry' Izuku thought as he got up shakily, 'I have to keep moving'

"I want you to fight against him next, will he cry this time?" Mahito taunted with a smirk, as he pinned Nanami against the wall, his hand enlarged which kept Nanami from moving.

Mahito charged his left hand with cursed energy as he said, "He's just a foolish brat who can't match ideals with reality."

"That's not true," Nanami calmly countered. "He's on it right now. If anything, you're the foolish one."
All of a sudden, Izuku leapt from the upstairs window, forcefully kicking away Mahito's massive arm upon landing. Mahito wore a manic grin on his face as he asked, "You killed them?"